The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Reply 41
For my answer to 3ii) all i've written down on my paper is 0.34C9, lol.
Reply 42
Kasc
Hey everyone, how did it go? I thought mine went very well, hoping for 90%+ from that, I was told I could keep my exam paper so if anyone is wanting it for reference for the following discussion I will be happy to upload it!

Didn't both copying down what I wrote for the why is it suitable.. type questions

My Answers (not THE answers):
i)
a) 0.133
b) 0.0580

i) 0.2616
ii) About how there is a chance that 2 of the same serial will be picked, but sample is large so chance is small, so there is a chance the answer is invalid.

i) 9.501
ii) 0.3449

1.91%>1% so accept H_0

i)
a) t > 32.6
b) 0.0645
ii) 21 months

6)
a) 0.0923
b)
i) np = 196 !< 5
ii) changing to P(X greater than or equal to 6) with Po(200*0.02): 0.2149

mean = 56.95
estimate of population variance = 2.864
6.41% > 5% so accept H_o

i) Show that
ii) 0.75
iii) 4.32

Can anyone confirm these answers? Quite eager to know how I did

These seem to be familiar which is always a good thing! When I came out I was really annoyed as I thought it had gone really badly, but after seeing these answers I feel better about it :smile:
On question 3 why has everyone used a continuity correction of 0.5 not 1/180 (1/2n)...am I being thick?
Reply 44
JessGalsworthy
On question 3 why has everyone used a continuity correction of 0.5 not 1/180 (1/2n)...am I being thick?

1/2n is only used wen finding probabilty for the mean being higher or lower not the whole population
Reply 45
How can you people remember ALL of your answers? :p:
Reply 46
Wrote them down at the end of the paper; finished it in an hour.
Hi everyoneeeee,

I know the computer will sort out which modules of maths and further maths go where but im trying to predict my grade so does anyone know if the following is possible....

MATHS - c1, c2, c3, c4, s1, s2
FURTHER MATHS - fp1, fp3, d1, m1, m2, m3

Thanks guys :smile: x
Reply 48
It is possible yes but the computer tries will make the best decision for you
Reply 49
Mr M :frown:
Reply 50
for the last question i swear you needed to integrate between 1 and infinity? i did that and it worked out i think...
nikita_atikin
NO WAY WAS THE LAST PART 4.33??? :frown: I integrated between 1.5 and 1 instead of 2 and 1 which is what I'm guessing most of you did because the question said P(X<2)=0.9
I used continuity correction :|
Reckon I'll pick up method marks?

My dad says that method marks would be given for integrating correctly between the right two numbers, which you didn't do.

So no.
Jess19
for the last question i swear you needed to integrate between 1 and infinity? i did that and it worked out i think...

Yep for parts i) and ii) you needed to integrate between and 1 and infinity. For the last part, the intervals were given.
Kim_Songwat
My dad says that method marks would be given for integrating correctly between the right two numbers, which you didn't do.

So no.

Never mind your dad. Why on heck have you got a picture of Cho Seung Hui as your profile picture. Odd.

Latest

Trending

Trending