The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Tony Hayward was asking for it tbh.

I don't see any problem with him going on a wee holiday, he must be so stressed at the moment.

He has other people working in the company who will be dealing with the crisis, so it's not like BP are ignoring the problem just because Tony's off to top up his tan. :smile:
Reply 2
ENNGUF
Tony Hayward was asking for it tbh.

I don't see any problem with him going on a wee holiday, he must be so stressed at the moment.

He has other people working in the company who will be dealing with the crisis, so it's not like BP are ignoring the problem just because Tony's off to top up his tan. :smile:

Exactly, they just need to get off there high horse, if its ok for Obama to go on vacation then Hayward is surely entitled to 1 day off. I seriously do hope there is Government intervention.
Reply 3
Idiot-Finder
Exactly, they just need to get off there high horse, if its ok for Obama to go on vacation then Hayward is surely entitled to 1 day off. I seriously do hope there is Government intervention.

You noticed my post! :daydreaming:
Reply 4
ENNGUF
You noticed my post! :daydreaming:

I went for a bath :o:
Reply 5
What is he supposed to do? If he was on the beach cleaning baby seals and birds they would still say he was not doing enough.
Reply 6
It is totally unprofessional and it seems to have become a game of bashing BP rather than solving the spill and keeping BP safe so that it is capable of paying the costs.

The latter is acceptable but now it has become BP bashing it is time Cameron strapped on and got on the phone and explain this is outright not acceptable.
Reply 7
Just to wind the Americans up if I was him I'd have been sure to take my holiday in Cuba, the media would certainly turn rabid then.
Idiot-Finder
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/us_and_canada/10359120.stm

Has Obama not been on vacations and held events during this crisis?

And now he is accused by a spokesman of another gaffe. How unprofessional and seemingly retarded the US government is.

Infact Obama has had two.

This is a joke and I hope the British Government will step in and explain to these clowns the definition of hypocritical.

Yep "America are clowns", not the American government, not Obama, no, the whole population of America are clowns. :rolleyes: Funny how much you're all turning on Obama now, when most of Britain hated McCain and couldn't lick Obama's ass enough.
Reply 9
Sabertooth
Yep "America are clowns", not the American government, not Obama, no, the whole population of America are clowns. :rolleyes: Funny how much you're all turning on Obama now, when most of Britain hated McCain and couldn't lick Obama's ass enough.

Erm judging by the ABC news boards I am right when I say America.

Also ermm if your judging that on this forum, it is full of liberal students, I think you will find 95% of Britains know f'all about American politics except that Obama wanted to bring in a healthcare plan.

So yeah :smile:.
Idiot-Finder
Erm judging by the ABC news boards I am right when I say America.

Also ermm if your judging that on this forum, it is full of liberal students, I think you will find 95% of Britains know f'all about American politics except that Obama wanted to bring in a healthcare plan.

So yeah :smile:.

So I should base my opinions of Britain and the British public on the Daily Mail comments section? Christ...I think the word "clowns" wouldn't quite fit.

I'm not judging it based on this forum, well, partly, but the amount of ass kissing by the whole of Britain about Obama was pretty astounding. Most newspapers, most people, everywhere, ergh.
Sabertooth
So I should base my opinions of Britain and the British public on the Daily Mail comments section? Christ...I think the word "clowns" wouldn't quite fit.

I'm not judging it based on this forum, well, partly, but the amount of ass kissing by the whole of Britain about Obama was pretty astounding. Most newspapers, most people, everywhere, ergh.

CNN is the same.

And not really, most people don't care, it doesn't affect them.
What exactly do you propose Obama does instead then? He's hardly an oil expert, and if BP can't fix it, what chance does he and his aides have?
Reply 13
I think it's hilarious that everyone in England has decided that BP are a bunch of innocent John Galts being persecuted by Americans because of a natural disaster rather than a gigantic vampire squid wrapped around the face of the world. It reminds me about the fanatical way Americans in the bottom 50% of incomes will defend all and any tax cuts no matter how harsh that go almost exclusively to the richest 0.001% because, y'know, they might be that rich one day or something.
Idiot-Finder
CNN is the same.

And not really, most people don't care, it doesn't affect them.

So? Any British news site/comment site is full of anti-American rhetoric. Not only that but it's normally full of "hur hur hur muzlims evil", "tories bad", "freedom bad", "ban ban ban everything except the working class" etc crap. That doesn't mean everyone in Britain has these views, it means that those who care enough to go online and tell their ****** views to the world have these views. The US has a population of over 300m, I seriously doubt even a fraction of that number has written their views on these sites. People, on here especially, are always quick to jump on the stop stereotyping everyone bandwagon, except when it suits them of course. :rolleyes:

I don't know where you were when Obama got elected but from where I was in Britain then, I didn't meet a single person who didn't support Obama, moreover I didn't meet a single person who actually knew anything about any of his policies but that's beside the point. Was all over the British news, in all the newspapers, universities, schools, posters, everywhere. Now you're all starting to see exactly what Obama is like so of course it's all forgotten.
Sabertooth
So? Any British news site/comment site is full of anti-American rhetoric. Not only that but it's normally full of "hur hur hur muzlims evil", "tories bad", "freedom bad", "ban ban ban everything except the working class" etc crap. That doesn't mean everyone in Britain has these views, it means that those who care enough to go online and tell their ****** views to the world have these views. The US has a population of over 300m, I seriously doubt even a fraction of that number has written their views on these sites. People, on here especially, are always quick to jump on the stop stereotyping everyone bandwagon, except when it suits them of course. :rolleyes:

I don't know where you were when Obama got elected but from where I was in Britain then, I didn't meet a single person who didn't support Obama, moreover I didn't meet a single person who actually knew anything about any of his policies but that's beside the point. Was all over the British news, in all the newspapers, universities, schools, posters, everywhere. Now you're all starting to see exactly what Obama is like so of course it's all forgotten.

This is entirely beyond the point of the thread.

I do not care who supported Obama when, the point is he is being a plonker.
DarkWhite
What exactly do you propose Obama does instead then? He's hardly an oil expert, and if BP can't fix it, what chance does he and his aides have?

What do you expect Hayward to do? Swim down and stick his drink bottle lid on the top?

There is f'all he can do except wait for the engineers to shut it off.
kultist
I think it's hilarious that everyone in England has decided that BP are a bunch of innocent John Galts being persecuted by Americans because of a natural disaster rather than a gigantic vampire squid wrapped around the face of the world. It reminds me about the fanatical way Americans in the bottom 50% of incomes will defend all and any tax cuts no matter how harsh that go almost exclusively to the richest 0.001% because, y'know, they might be that rich one day or something.

No one is on about being innocent you clown.

The fact is BP have agreed to pay, so you don't call them out over that.

You then try them in a court of law where there is both a prosecution and defense and then release a statement after that.

You do not try and bash a company and its members without an investigation complete.

Extremely childish.
[It's not a British vs American thing; Obama is a figure head, just another face to replace Bush.] Most Americans agree. :wink:
Reply 19
America Are Clowns?

I.R. Baboon?

Latest

Trending

Trending