The Student Room Group

HEALTH AND SOCIAL CARE BTEC LEVEL 3 EXTENDED NATIONAL DIPLOMA September 2010

Scroll to see replies

you know this poST???
Can i post my qs here??
and if not where do i post it so the people that do this course can see it???

anyway my question is
I DONT GET FUNCTIONALISM, i read lots of stuff about it and know it means society doesnt function properly but thats about it i dont understand what it does?!?!
HELP!!!!!
Original post by Xx_ViiiCkiii_xX
you know this poST???
Can i post my qs here??
and if not where do i post it so the people that do this course can see it???

anyway my question is
I DONT GET FUNCTIONALISM, i read lots of stuff about it and know it means society doesnt function properly but thats about it i dont understand what it does?!?!
HELP!!!!!

It doesn't really do anything it's just a theory of how some people believe society should work.
Original post by KingGoonIan
It doesn't really do anything it's just a theory of how some people believe society should work.

oh :O
ok thanks :smile:

but you know next time im gonna post a question like this where do i post it???
cause people dont really seems to answer here
ie they dont come on this thread unless theyre being quoted
oh :O
ok thanks :smile:

but you know next time im gonna post a question like this where do i post it???
cause people dont really seems to answer here
ie they dont come on this thread unless theyre being quoted

A lot of us read it we just don't know the answer lol x x
Original post by Krissycontagious
A lot of us read it we just don't know the answer lol x x

oh okay then
where should i post it so the chances of it getting answered increase???/
Reply 45
There hasn't been a thread made by one of us in a while to do with Health Care, but if you post on here one of us is likely to see it =) other that leave a message on one of our profile pages, i don't mind you asking about anything on my page i check near enough every other day if you get stuck on something =) x
Good answer :smile: and I'm always happy to help too. X x
hi evry1 i am new here looking for some1 to help me with my assignment on health and social care level 2 diploma.
Original post by Dannus
There hasn't been a thread made by one of us in a while to do with Health Care, but if you post on here one of us is likely to see it =) other that leave a message on one of our profile pages, i don't mind you asking about anything on my page i check near enough every other day if you get stuck on something =) x

i just realised how much you have to do to just get a pass :s-smilie:

but i got my first two passes and a merit, YAY!
Reply 49

i just realised how much you have to do to just get a pass :s-smilie:

but i got my first two passes and a merit, YAY!

That's great =D i find the best way to get a distinction is just to cram as much information is in every area you can, but then it does take up way to much time xD i colour co-ordinate my folders mind =P it's a bit mad, but having a theme to each folder seems to motivate me to carry on =) Your doing great so far =)
Original post by Dannus
That's great =D i find the best way to get a distinction is just to cram as much information is in every area you can, but then it does take up way to much time xD i colour co-ordinate my folders mind =P it's a bit mad, but having a theme to each folder seems to motivate me to carry on =) Your doing great so far =)

i usually write about a page and a half for each assignment unless its one of those long ones-->social perspectives and life stage developments :s-smilie:

how much do you cram??? how many pages do you end up having?
just wondering how much you write :smile:
Reply 51
i usually write about a page and a half for each assignment unless its one of those long ones-->social perspectives and life stage developments :s-smilie:

how much do you cram??? how many pages do you end up having?
just wondering how much you write :smile:

About 4-5 pages in size 12 font, depending on the assessment objective =)
i dont really understand what this means
Was equality evident in The Caraigmore Home for the disabled?
its for one of my assignments :s-smilie:

and what do you call them people in your assignment??/
service user, patient, client???
which one is most appropriate??/ or does it depend?
(edited 12 years ago)
Hiya I'm not sure what your assignment means but call them either service userers or clients :smile:. Hope I helped you at least a little bit!!
Original post by Krissycontagious
Hiya I'm not sure what your assignment means but call them either service userers or clients :smile:. Hope I helped you at least a little bit!!

its unit 2 equality, diversity and rights
we had to watch inside im dancing/rory o'shea was here
Reply 55
i dont really understand what this means
Was equality evident in The Caraigmore Home for the disabled?
its for one of my assignments :s-smilie:

and what do you call them people in your assignment??/
service user, patient, client???
which one is most appropriate??/ or does it depend?

So basically were the service users treated equally among everyone else, or were some service users treated differently to others, for example if care workers provided food choices for people of white nationality and not for people who were black, this would mean that there is no equality within the care setting (Caraigmore Home). This could also be classed as discrimination.

I hope this helps! My Unit 2 Assignment was based on our local care home instead, some of us took a trip there to help make the questions more easy to answer. :biggrin:

And i agree with 'Krissycontagious', Service user for the residents, care worker for the staff, and i tend to say care setting rather than the actual place after i had mentioned the name of the care setting earlier. :smile:

I'm sure you will be sick of saying 'care worker' and 'service user' not before long! :wink:
Reply 56
Also forgot to Add, i have created a facebook group just for us (ohhh don't you feel appreciated =P) here it is: https://www.facebook.com/groups/HSCED/
Thought it might make it easier to talk on there whenever.
Original post by Dannus
So basically were the service users treated equally among everyone else, or were some service users treated differently to others, for example if care workers provided food choices for people of white nationality and not for people who were black, this would mean that there is no equality within the care setting (Caraigmore Home). This could also be classed as discrimination.

I hope this helps! My Unit 2 Assignment was based on our local care home instead, some of us took a trip there to help make the questions more easy to answer. :biggrin:

And i agree with 'Krissycontagious', Service user for the residents, care worker for the staff, and i tend to say care setting rather than the actual place after i had mentioned the name of the care setting earlier. :smile:

I'm sure you will be sick of saying 'care worker' and 'service user' not before long! :wink:

thanks you soo much :smile:
qs: Is it bad to be in a care home for too long???
(if your disabled and had to stay in the care home for nearly all your life)

Reply 59
qs: Is it bad to be in a care home for too long???
(if your disabled and had to stay in the care home for nearly all your life)

I think it depends on the care setting really, if the care setting has a large amount of staff which allows a lot of the service users to be taken outside the care setting often then it should be fine, however if a service user is stuck within the setting all the time then this could have a negative affect on their behavior, for example the individual may suffer from depression etc. However if the monthly care professional assessor (depending on country it may vary) notices any negative behavior he or she may make arrangements for change to suit the service user. The service user also should always have access to a help line they can call if they feel unhappy or are suffering from discomfort, this in most cases is required to be shown at both the entrance desk and at certain points around the care setting.
=) x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending