The Student Room Group

Taking the pill 3 months in a row... okay?

Hi, basically I'm going on holiday for 2 weeks and really don't want to be on my period! I already doubled up 2 packets the previous month and now need to do it again as I'm going on holiday..

Will this work?
Is it bad for you?

Oh and it' the Yasmin pill if it makes any difference?
If I remember correctly you can run 3 packets with out a break so you should be ok just make sure you have a break next time xx
From what I think I remember being told, is that you can take that many packets in a row, but there have been very few trials to suggest it's completely safe & they do advise against you doing it.

You should be fine, but it's definitely not advisable & never 100% safe, though I am SURE there's thousands of people who've done this, similar, or for even longer, and had no problems.

If you can avoid doing it, do, though.

If you're really worried, then why not ring up your doctor & just see what the think? They're unlikely to advise it, but might tell you how okay it actually is.
I think it's ok to take 3 packs in a row but you can get spotting/breakthrough bleeding from not having a break.
Reply 4
I've done it before, but I was on Cilest not Yasmin. It worked fine for me, I didn't have any spotting etc, just during my next period the cramps were a fair bit worse than normal!
Tali_91
I've done it before, but I was on Cilest not Yasmin. It worked fine for me, I didn't have any spotting etc, just during my next period the cramps were a fair bit worse than normal!

This.
I'm on Mircogynon 30, and taken 3 packs [ie, 3 weeks] in a row. I was fine with it, but the cramps were pretty bad on the break.
Reply 6
I'm on the pill that allows for a period every 3 months... So essentially I take 3 packs and then have my break, so you'll be fine.
It's recommended that 3 packs is the maximum you ever take consecutively without a break. Any more than that and it's unknown of the side effects.

You may find your period at the end of all that to be heavier and/or more painful. I always suffered after running just 2 packs together.
Original post by Ilora-Danon
It's recommended that 3 packs is the maximum you ever take consecutively without a break. Any more than that and it's unknown of the side effects.

You may find your period at the end of all that to be heavier and/or more painful. I always suffered after running just 2 packs together.

Hi there! I am really urgently finding help to my answer I hope you can help! I took 2 consecutive packs of yasmin. And I'm going to start 7 days break today, however since I took back-to-back,is my cycle and ovulation messed up? Can I do it without protection? I'm really worried please help 😣
i was told to take 3 packs of microgynon back to back by the doctor and i was fine.
Reply 10
Original post by Jessicae95
Hi there! I am really urgently finding help to my answer I hope you can help! I took 2 consecutive packs of yasmin. And I'm going to start 7 days break today, however since I took back-to-back,is my cycle and ovulation messed up? Can I do it without protection? I'm really worried please help 😣

You're fine, it will be the same as your normal break.
Its safe, but that doesn't mean your body will react well
Reply 12
It's safe doing it for 3 months and as everyone else is saying it's risky after that but it's up to you. I would like to warn you and others that if you get irregular bleeding give yourself a break. I've done suppressed my period and given myself one every 3 months or longer for a while now and twice I've gotten irregular bleeding. The first time was small but the second time it happened it was a lot of blood. Just warning you.

Quick Reply

Latest