The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'm really hungry now and you mentioned chicken! :mad:

I'm not the hugest fan of friend chicken anyway but I suspect many of the places I eat from have cruely sourced produce.

I thought KFC was halal and therefore more humanely controlled :confused:
Boycott the motherf*ckers
saalih
halal slaughter is the best option, in fact torture/abuse to animals is prohibited in Islam.

KFC has some halal stores.
Reply 23
I don't eat KFC because if I don't get salmonella from it I'll get something else after the people who work there spit or jizz on it.
Reply 24
I'm never eating chicken again. That has put me off for life.
after reading the title of this thread i thought it was gonna be someone getting abused with some pieces of kfc chicken... i was wrong :frown:
Reply 26
saalih
halal slaughter is the best option, in fact torture/abuse to animals is prohibited in Islam.

thanks for the thread tayiboon! lolz
Reply 27
Annoying-Mouse
KFC has some halal stores.

doesn't really say anything.
Reply 28
I love choking my chicken
People are well aware where their meat comes from and the process it goes through, ever thought that people just don't care?
Reply 30
From the chickens point of view what could be worse then being eaten?
Reply 31
This tbh.

If people want to eat meat and accept that killing animals is a part of this, then that's cool.

But when people try and demonstrate they're the apotheosis of morality by suggesting various slaughter methods, it's self-contradictory and :facepalm2:
Reply 32
they make good chicken.
I didn't think KFC had any chicken in it?!
saalih

Torture/abuse to humans is obviously not however...

Do you also honestly think that the providers for all these 'halal fried chicken' places don't battery farm animals in the same way? It's the same practice, only they're slaughtered more cruely at the end of the process.
Reply 35
MJlover
thanks for the thread tayiboon! lolz

you didn't have to bring that up here, lol

but seriously, look at the responses!!!! i think it was expected, no sympathy whatsoever shown by some to chickens as if torturing is ok.
Reply 36
n1r4v
This tbh.

If people want to eat meat and accept that killing animals is a part of this, then that's cool.

But when people try and demonstrate they're the apotheosis of morality by suggesting various slaughter methods, it's self-contradictory and :facepalm2:

no it is not self contradictory at all..

killing animals does not have to involve torture and abuse.....
Reply 37
Killing is worse than torture and abuse...
Reply 38
saalih
no it is not self contradictory at all..

killing animals does not have to involve torture and abuse.....

You did not understand what I meant.

It was an off the cuff comment. I'm referring to the people who think they are beacons of morality by suggesting a variety of slaughter methods, when clearly not killing them at all is a preferred option. See above.

But yes, minimising pain during slaughter is obviously important.
Reply 39
i wish YOU were a chicken.

Latest

Trending

Trending