The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I was just about to ask the same question...yeah it was okkk
you
which question did you do for section A? and also how much did you write.. i wrote like 1 page of the booklet and a bit on the next page then about a quarter of a side on extra paper, really don't think it was enough?!
Oh I chose Question A) for section a) - if that makes any sense!! Oh I just wrote it all in the space provided which was one page and a bti wasn't it? I didn't use any extra paper or whatever.
What test do you do ( non parametic)?
Also..which question for section B? -I did the ethics one but messed it up...ahhh
ermm well it was correlation wasnt it i did spearmans correlation coefficient, you? I think i messed up the design an experiment, i went back to it near the end and starting adding bits in with arrows haha and had crossings out so looked pretty much a mess :[ i was happy there was a question on social approach though, i was expecting it to talk about the usefullness at the end not the situational explaination, did you do social or observation?
was there an ethics one? i just saw social approach and observation?? we were meant to do one from section B weren't we?? lol i just kinda saw social and did that
YES i got it right - well that's one mark at least. Yeah I did spearman's rank thing too :smile: Happy days!
I did observation which had ethics too - but i felt kinda rushed towards the end...
Yeah just the one from section b I did question 9
ahh ok lol why do you think you messed up part B? and i found the design an experiment quite hard to be honest, i drew a rubbish graph with half the data in it, i wasn't sure what to put on it haha :frown:
haha my graph was a joke..i just did a scattergraph labelled the axis gave it a title and plotted a positive correlation and then you had to say what it shows? i was like well ocr that is pretty obivous..duh! haha! How did other students at your centre find it ?
ermm i dunno i didnt really speak to people as i was like the last out, my friend thought she'd messed up part A or something but thats about it haha :[ i tried to go back and put stuff in about participant controls and validity but it just turned into a mess, haha oh well it always turns out better than you think, did you think it was better than the G543 paper?
Reply 70
the paper today was immense, the only hard part was probably just remembering that the hypothesis and the 19 mark question was a correlation not an experiment :smile:
RQ92
the paper today was immense, the only hard part was probably just remembering that the hypothesis and the 19 mark question was a correlation not an experiment :smile:

I'm not sure if I've done it right now!
How did you design your procedure for the 19 mark question??
Reply 72
live.laugh.love
I'm not sure if I've done it right now!
How did you design your procedure for the 19 mark question??

i think it was similar to an experiment but you can't get cause and effect and also calling it an experiment may get marked down a bit.
in the hypothesis you just had to state there would be a relationship not a difference :smile:
which question did you do? I had 10 males 10 females, they did the study on different days, but did it in the morning and afternoon- assuming they had not been exposed to much noise in the morning ( i used a procedural control to tell them not to listen to any loud music before coming to do the test) then they did it in the afternoon too just after lunch where there would have been a lot of noise, then i used a cognitive memory task remembering words then writing them down again and using a noise o meter just before they did the test, then they had to self report how many words they could remember out of 20- getting a point for each correct word- then i'd correlate this with the noise levels and their results to see if it had any affect :[ (I think mine was a bit rubbish i didnt even put in the ages of the students- i just said in a secondary school!! arghhhh!!!!
what kind of study did you guys design???
i used quota sample to select mine with a sub group of males and females :[ and i remembered to talk about ethics and participant controls, but the only validity i mentioned was ecological validity?!
Reply 76
Disaster, did a very good experiment that did not corrolate and a table instead of a graph. and
RQ92
i think it was similar to an experiment but you can't get cause and effect and also calling it an experiment may get marked down a bit.
in the hypothesis you just had to state there would be a relationship not a difference :smile:

Ah I did it similar to an experiment but don't think I called it an experiment.
Cannot remember what I put for my hypothesis :frown:
did you lot plot information on your graph?? i half plotted it then stopped :[
Reply 79
Amywoody2009
did you lot plot information on your graph?? i half plotted it then stopped :[

why did you stop half way?

Latest

Trending

Trending