The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Me!!! What's your offer, standard AAB? and what subjects do you do? i do psychology, english, spanish :smile:
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
onetwothree1
Me!!! What's your offer, standard AAB? and what subjects do you do? i do psychology, english, spanish :smile:

Yeah, AAB, is that yours too?

I study Psychology, English Lit and Home Economics :smile:
I have Psychology at Leeds as my firm, so excited about going but at the same really nervous about not getting the right grades!

I need AAB and I do Psychology (har-har), French and Geography.

Really hope I get the entry requirements!!

Was anyone else caught out by them changing the typical offer? I got the prospectus and went to the open day where I was told I would get an offer of ABB, so I sent of my UCAS application and a few weeks later Leeds gave me an offer of AAB; I was kinda annoyed so I rang them and they said they'd changed the typical offer. I got a prospectus sent to me a few days later and literally all they'd done is crossed through the old requirements with a biro and put a sticker next to it with the new details! I was pretty disappointed but I loved Leeds when I went so I went along with it...

A bit cheeky of me, but does anyone know what the chances of them allowing students in just below their offer? I think I'm going to struggle to get a B in French....Unfortunately I suspect there'll be little lee-way :/
Unconditional :smile:

As for 'lee-way'... I have no idea but it's obviously a popular course hmm.
misswilliams
Unconditional :smile:

As for 'lee-way'... I have no idea but it's obviously a popular course hmm.

*Sad face*.....:frown:
Aaaaaaaargh!
*Sad face*.....:frown:

Don't take my word for it lovely, give them a quick call/email if it's really bothering you? They may take a number of factors if you miss a grade but you should be thinking positive that you can get the grade! :smile:
misswilliams
Don't take my word for it lovely, give them a quick call/email if it's really bothering you? They may take a number of factors if you miss a grade but you should be thinking positive that you can get the grade! :smile:

Well I guess, but I'm sat here, the eve of my French exam where I need a B and currently struggling, but we'll see what happens.

Thanks for the advice, I might give them a bell purely out of curiosity, cheers.
Aaaaaaaargh!
Well I guess, but I'm sat here, the eve of my French exam where I need a B and currently struggling, but we'll see what happens.

Thanks for the advice, I might give them a bell purely out of curiosity, cheers.

Good luck with it!
Reply 9
yeah, i have!
looking forward to it, however need to do well in my biology exam tomorrow to have any chance of getting in!
What accomodation have yous all applied to?
Reply 10
TheWeem
yeah, i have!
looking forward to it, however need to do well in my biology exam tomorrow to have any chance of getting in!
What accomodation have yous all applied to?

Henry Price :smile:

You?
Aaaaaaaargh!
I have Psychology at Leeds as my firm, so excited about going but at the same really nervous about not getting the right grades!

I need AAB and I do Psychology (har-har), French and Geography.

Really hope I get the entry requirements!!

Was anyone else caught out by them changing the typical offer? I got the prospectus and went to the open day where I was told I would get an offer of ABB, so I sent of my UCAS application and a few weeks later Leeds gave me an offer of AAB; I was kinda annoyed so I rang them and they said they'd changed the typical offer. I got a prospectus sent to me a few days later and literally all they'd done is crossed through the old requirements with a biro and put a sticker next to it with the new details! I was pretty disappointed but I loved Leeds when I went so I went along with it...

A bit cheeky of me, but does anyone know what the chances of them allowing students in just below their offer? I think I'm going to struggle to get a B in French....Unfortunately I suspect there'll be little lee-way :/

I'm in the exact same position as you i do spanish and i think i'm going to miss my B and probably get a C :frown: i was going to ring them and say please consider me cuz im a boy and hardly any boys do the course, equality and all that haha
onetwothree1
I'm in the exact same position as you i do spanish and i think i'm going to miss my B and probably get a C :frown: i was going to ring them and say please consider me cuz im a boy and hardly any boys do the course, equality and all that haha

Haha, snap on the whole gender thing :P

Dunno if they'll take that as an excuse though, but it's worth a try!! :woo:
Reply 13
Aaaaaaaargh!
Haha, snap on the whole gender thing :P

Dunno if they'll take that as an excuse though, but it's worth a try!! :woo:

woah more guys i firmed leeds for psychology to my offers only BBB thanks to the access but that that means i have to write an essay whilst everyone else is enjoying the sun :frown:
zohaib01
woah more guys i firmed leeds for psychology to my offers only BBB thanks to the access but that that means i have to write an essay whilst everyone else is enjoying the sun :frown:

Thanks to what? Dammit how did you get BBB?! I'd much rather be in your position to write an essay to be honest :P

So what do we think the guy:girl ratio will be? Any offers/bets?
Reply 15
Aaaaaaaargh!
Thanks to what? Dammit how did you get BBB?! I'd much rather be in your position to write an essay to be honest :P

So what do we think the guy:girl ratio will be? Any offers/bets?

its this like scheme where we get lower offers because we're poor and stupid lol Good Times

Erm and judging by yougo its like 90 female to 10 male but i've found some other guys doing our course im sure there will be enough we are the domiant sex (Y) lol

were yuo coming from?
zohaib01
its this like scheme where we get lower offers because we're poor and stupid lol Good Times

Erm and judging by yougo its like 90 female to 10 male but i've found some other guys doing our course im sure there will be enough we are the domiant sex (Y) lol

were yuo coming from?

1:9 doesn't sound bad to me, no complaints :P

That's fair enough about the access thingy. I haven't signed up to Yougo but I dunno, might give it a try. Would you recommend it?

I see Hull is your insurance, mine too! Haha, looks like we were made to be together :woo:

Oh and I'm coming from Blackpool.
Reply 17
Aaaaaaaargh!
1:9 doesn't sound bad to me, no complaints :P

That's fair enough about the access thingy. I haven't signed up to Yougo but I dunno, might give it a try. Would you recommend it?

I see Hull is your insurance, mine too! Haha, looks like we were made to be together :woo:

Oh and I'm coming from Blackpool.

haha yeh i know Great minds think alike :smile: and by the looks of it were getting all the preety girls mwahah & yougo is just sh*t no point no one hardly ever gets back to the facebook groups are better

and yeh Hull was the senisable choice and plus the fact i loved the finger food( little custard dougnuts and mini ecalirs ftw)

deciced on accom yet?
zohaib01
haha yeh i know Great minds think alike :smile: and by the looks of it were getting all the preety girls mwahah & yougo is just sh*t no point no one hardly ever gets back to the facebook groups are better

and yeh Hull was the senisable choice and plus the fact i loved the finger food( little custard dougnuts and mini ecalirs ftw)

deciced on accom yet?

Best take this to PM, don't want to invade OPs thread :p:

PM Inbound!
So, who's definitely going then?

Latest