The Student Room Group

Deferred entry and grant or loan

hi all im just about to send off my UCAS form and ive decided to take a year out and work.does anyone know how or if this will affect the grant or loan i am entitled to??

Also can anyone just breifly say how they went through the process of applying for uni e.g. when you sent of UCAS, when you applied for financial help etc...this would be loads of help because i'm reading all these government sites and aim higher and i still feel as nervous about applying!

thanks greatly :smile:

Reply 1
It wont. Providing you're a 'dependent' student, your loan assessment will be calculated against your parents income, not your own.
Reply 2
isnt_she_lovely
hi all im just about to send off my UCAS form and ive decided to take a year out and work.does anyone know how or if this will affect the grant or loan i am entitled to??

Also can anyone just breifly say how they went through the process of applying for uni e.g. when you sent of UCAS, when you applied for financial help etc...this would be loads of help because i'm reading all these government sites and aim higher and i still feel as nervous about applying!

thanks greatly :smile:

send off ur ucas application asap really, but the deadlines not until january (unless u want to do oxbridge/medicine). then ull start to receive offers and offers of interviews/visit days. financial help u apply for quite late (i thought anyway) about april/may with a deadline of june i think.
and im not sure about ur year off, u may need to state this on ur loan form but it shldnt affect u that drastically.
good luck :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending