The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Partisan nonsense.
Reply 21
I think it can be very harmful to growth and development. I know a vegan family, the father is 6'3", the mother 5'9". By all rights the kids should be tall but the tallest is only 5'9" and the shortest 5'7", they're 24, 22 and two are 19 (twins), all male and scrawny - I think they've seriously been screwed over by their parents chosen diet, I would be seriously pissed off if I were them.
Ummm I bet proportionately more omnivores are unhealthy than vegertarians or vegans. I've yet to meet a fat vegan because there are no fatty beef burgers or no fry-ups to get fat from. I'd say the obesity situation is more abusive. So, what was this about cancer and meat again?
Learn the diffrence between a veggie and a vegan.
blinkbelle
Marmite isn't vegetarian...

...Source this bs?
Reply 25
I didn't have meat when I was a kid, apart from the occasional roast chicken at Christmas and birthdays... I think I've turned out ok :mute:...
blinkbelle
Marmite isn't vegetarian...

Yes it is http://www.ilovemarmite.com/marmite.asp?id=85
GottaLovePhysics! :)
...Source this bs?

:facepalm2:
I meant vegan.. I have some vegan friends who refuse to eat Marmite cause apparently yeast is a living thing!
Isabobble
I didn't have meat when I was a kid, apart from the occasional roast chicken at Christmas and birthdays... I think I've turned out ok ...

Probably written by someone who loves their pork pies, fry-ups, chocolate, crisps and kebabs. Cheap meat is often of a high fat content and it contributes massively to heart disease. If a vegan or vegetarian source had the same impact you'd hear about it far, far more. It's just propaganda. I've yet to meet an obese vegan.
blinkbelle

I meant vegan.. I have some vegan friends who refuse to eat Marmite cause apparently yeast is a living thing!

It's impossible to eat from non-living beings. The best way would be to eat apples that have fallen off a tree.

Edit: They don't drink beer or eat bread do they?
Reply 30
Ooh crikey, I best feed my kids chicken nuggets and fish fingers. Naaaat.
Reply 31
NDGAARONDI
Probably written by someone who loves their pork pies, fry-ups, chocolate, crisps and kebabs. Cheap meat is often of a high fat content and it contributes massively to heart disease. If a vegan or vegetarian source had the same impact you'd hear about it far, far more. It's just propaganda. I've yet to meet an obese vegan.

Lol, I've only just started to eat meat fairly regularly at home, and yet throughout the whole of my education (14 years or thereabouts?), I must have had about a week off in total due to illness :p:. I don't think cheap meat even tastes as nice anyway, all the taste has to come from artificial flavourings to make it seem yummy. I'd rather pay a bit more for good meat and eat it less regularly and be healthier!
I would think vegetarian/vegan parents would make more of an effort to their childs nutrition.
I know my mum made more of an effort with what i ate as a child rather than my sister, she would just give her some chicken and chips etc.
NDGAARONDI
It's impossible to eat from non-living beings. The best way would be to eat apples that have fallen off a tree.

Edit: They don't drink beer or eat bread do they?

TBH they're idiots. No they don't drink beer or eat bread lol, their diet is pretty ridiculous really.

I'm a normal, healthy vegan and I don't rule out yeast.. I just don't like the taste of Marmite! xx
Taste of Honey
HOW ABUSIVE it is to feed your child fat laden meat and to neglect their needs so greatly for plant proteins and soya products!

Like this you mean?

Plenty of them around albeit not quite his size.
I wouldn't raise my children as anything in particular - vegans, vegetarians, christians, atheists, right wing, left wing... give them the choices and let them decide.
Reply 36
mmm meat
Reply 37
blinkbelle
I'm a vegan and intend to raise my children as vegetarians. I am very nutritionally aware and know that I am not lacking in any essential minerals/nutrients and will ensure that they have the same benefits.

I think irresponsible parents are irresponsible parents - they can be veggie or not it won't make a difference. xx

this exactly
lareneg
Of course, they're sure to give a balanced argument. :biggrin:

They do actually, such as this page for an example

http://www.vegetariansareevil.com/history.htm

"Pol Pot - a vegan - murderd some 2 million Cambodians in his time"

"Adolf Hitler - Vegetarian meglomaniac mass murderer"

What more proof do you need Veggies are evil? :p:
GottaLovePhysics! :)
They do actually, such as this page for an example

http://www.vegetariansareevil.com/history.htm

"Pol Pot - a vegan - murderd some 2 million Cambodians in his time"