The Student Room Group
Reply 1
unless you do it when you are 16 or summat, nothing/not much because itll be very strong by then. Atleast thats what this loony counsellor told us
Reply 2
lol at ll the guys above!! its like period blood and what the first guy said is wrong because there was any blood at all for me,but some of my friends have said it went on the sheets but there was barely anything. nothing to worry about!
Reply 3
It's just like blood from your arm-period blood isn't like fresh blood as it formed a lining in your womb for a few days(as I'm sure you'll know) whereas breaking your hymen is like breaking any other bit of skin. There won't be much blood (hopefully) and it will be painful...But I'm not sure how painful, as my hymen didn't break during sex/foreplay. I think a tampon did it or something. I never even noticed. How sad.
:dontknow: You are no longer virgin?

:smile: Depends on the person.

For some it is a little, for others a lot. It is more like menstrual blood tbh so just be prepared to use your normal method of coverage if need be.
Reply 5
Some girls hymen are already broken before they have sex- most particularly if you use tampons- or at least thats what we were told and it was true for me..
Reply 6
Suppose it varies from girl to girl. For me there was hardly any blood, didn't even notice straight away. It was fresh blood like when you get a cut only it was a tiny amount. Honestly nothing to worry about!
Reply 7
Anonymous
How much blood is there? And sounds like a bit of a stupid question... but what is the blood like? Is it like the blood you get when you cut your arm etc. or more like period blood?

It's like regular blood from your arm.
Most often you will bleed, but how much depends on the person.
How much it will hurt, will depend on the thickness of your hyman.
Reply 8
You are no longer a virgin and for some...
sex can be addictive after doing the first...
so just be careful...
Reply 9
I can't stop laughing at the posts. LOL.

anyways, it really depends. Why? Are you planning to do it the first time?
When mine broke, it was just normal blood, and only a little. No big deal :smile:
Reply 11
More like blood from your arm. Have a pad to hand :yep:

The amount can vary for different women, from none (lucky people) to it going for a few days.
I dont even remember breaking my hymen - I have no clue if it hurt or if I bled, dunno if I even noticed.
For me the blood was like blood from any normal minor cut :dontknow: it wasn't thick or anything and there wasn't a lot of it. To be honest it took a couple times to break it completely though and there was a little more blood the second time.
Reply 14
For me there seemed a fair amount of blood, more like that from a cut rather than a period though. Have a pad handy I'd say. It lasted about a day or so. Oh and I also bled the second and (almost - we never actually did it as it was too painful) third time, which were both more painful than the first.

But this is just for me, its different for everybody :smile:
ily_em
More like blood from your arm. Have a pad to hand :yep:

The amount can vary for different women, from none (lucky people) to it going for a few days.

I agree with this :yep:
Reply 16
if your hymen was broken you'll bleed. but sometimes it's not.

Latest