The Student Room Group

I'd like to start all over again..but..

hi everyone
ok so last year 2009..Jan i was entered for several exams at college. At the time i hadn't turned up for all those exams with no valid reason. After a year wasted i want to start again. I am going to enrol for a levels via NEC distance learning. But before i enrol i'm not quite sure about my exams boards i.e. AQA and Edexcel do you think they disqualify you all together..like not be able to enter their exams EVER because of those absences ? I remember in the results sheet being marked as 'unclassified'.
Anyone with know anything about this?
:confused:
No, it'll be fine. The boards won't stop you for attempting exams in the future just cause you missed some. But did the college you go to ever ask for an explanation as to why you didn't attend?
Reply 2
No they didn't but weeks after the exam i told my tutor that i was dropping out.
Thats about it. Yes hopefully it'll be fine. Thanks for you quick response.
Reply 3
The boards only disqualify people permanently for cheating, people don't turn up to their exams ALL THE TIME!
My college is impressed if you DO turn up (I'm being serious!)
So yep you can do whatever you like, distance learning, college whatever. But I think you need to think for yourself about why you didn't turn up and what will be different this time :smile:
Ah yeah, it'll be fine, just attend these ones!
Reply 5
I've learnt my lesson by now..wasted too much precious time. Anyway thank you both i was worried about this issue for quite some time.

Latest