The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
im so glad that this exam is over!!
im even happier about essay A, i did q1 there was just so much that you could write about.
i did q3, not so good couldn't think of enough to write an essay 4 each of essay B's. thank god 4 the art that is blagging =]
Reply 21
lexie2801
im so glad that this exam is over!!
im even happier about essay A, i did q1 there was just so much that you could write about.
i did q3, not so good couldn't think of enough to write an essay 4 each of essay B's. thank god 4 the art that is blagging =]

Some day that will be an A level in itself. :yep:
Reply 22
Boomy
Some day that will be an A level in itself. :yep:

It already is; it's called general studies :p:
Reply 23
Stringer987
I done question 2 and 3

I did question 2 and 3 too.
How did you find them, everyone seemed to do question 1, gound queston 2 so much easier.
Did you mention the scrappage scheme at all??
Reply 24
Adam92
It already is; it's called general studies :p:

Whats general studies? :smile:
Reply 25
Boomy
Whats general studies? :smile:

Are you being serious?
Reply 26
Adam92
Are you being serious?

We don't do it.. :s-smilie:
Reply 27
Boomy
We don't do it.. :s-smilie:

Oh haha, in that case, you do some questions (some essays, some short answers) on literally anything, so you blag your way through it :o:
everyone seems to have answered the same questions pretty much! i did 1 and 5.. i do like talking a lot so i had a lot to say, although i kinda regret not revising now as i didn't have much business studies words to use, just my own normal language and guess work!
Reply 29
I think the stimulus material was a bit ****.
I also did 1 and 5
i did question 2 and 3. i thought Section A went really well not sure about Section B though,
anyone that did question 3 what were the main points you made?
anyone got a thought on what the grade boundries might be?
in Jan 2010 they were:
A- 51
B- 45
C- 39
Reply 32
racer_dude
I think the stimulus material was a bit ****.
I also did 1 and 5

Same. Especially for Q1, for Q2 the stimulus material was okay.
Reply 33
It would have been better if they gave like an article on a car manufacture and the stuff they did. Like the redundancies they made etc.
Then you can easily compare and contrast with another example.
Whereas there was hardly anything for q1 to compare your ressearch to the stimulus material.
Reply 34
carefree123
i did question 2 and 3. i thought Section A went really well not sure about Section B though,
anyone that did question 3 what were the main points you made?

I did 1 and 3.
On qu 3 I was trying to say different factors that may influence the ease and speed of changing the culture of a business and included:

>Previous leadership styles (autocratic/paternalistic etc)
>Previous culture (role/power/person/task etc)
>Staffs attitude and link to above two points
>Avaliability of finance to train staff into how to think innovativly if it is needed like if they adopt TQM - however also how it would pay for itself if effeciency, customer service improved...
>Size of company and their management structure
>Then how they could increase the ease and speed e.g. project groups/project champions/democratic leadership/task cultures/kaizan groups/TQM etc

then conclusion was saying ease and speed depended upon internal/external factors and skipped through everything quick again and said it depends on alot, but it can be unrealistic esp. for BP to expect easy and quick transition to a new innovative culture.

Latest

Trending

Trending