The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Visit website
Reply 1
300-points for an unclassified degree, and 360 points for a honours degree.
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Visit website
Presumably, to get on graduate courses you will need to have actually completed undergraduate education...so 360 points.
Reply 3
jamie-jc
Hello!
Right, basically what i need to know is:

If i wanted to use the OU to get the qualifications to get a grad job in the future how many points or what level of qualification would i need to get?.

E.G would a foundation degree of 240 points be enough, or would it have to be 360?

Cheers

The specific entry requirements to a graduate job would be dependent on the job and the employing company; the company will decide what qualification(s) they require from potential applicants. Generally when people refer to a graduate they are referring to someone who has gained their first degree, I’m not too sure if a 300 point pass degree would get you where you are looking to be. A 360 points Honours degree is usually the qualification you receive after 3 years study at a Bricks & Mortar University, just like morecambebay suggests. A Foundation degree is equivalent to 240 points of study; somtimes offered as a HND (Higher National Diploma) or DipHe (Diploma of Higher Education).

Do you know which career path you’re looking to get into? www.prospects.ac.uk can be very helpful if you know which kind of job you are trying to get into. If you want you can search in the top right of the site for specific careers, each career will have an entry requirements section which will detail what kind of qualifications you will need to get into this area.

Latest