The Student Room Group
What do you mean when you said you weren't happy that the wilcoxen test statistic was the critical value? Do you mean you weren't happy that you had to do one? :tongue:

The paper was quite reasonable.
Reply 2
Summerdays
What do you mean when you said you weren't happy that the wilcoxen test statistic was the critical value? Do you mean you weren't happy that you had to do one? :tongue:

The paper was quite reasonable.

More the critical value = test statistic. The test is fine! I went for it being significant, as had that as an example in MEI revision notes, but quite a few people at my school got caught out. Also a few missed the - e[x]^2 bit for calculating question 4 Variance.
I didn't get the critical value = test statistics. I got W+ = 8 and the critical value equaling something else :s-smilie:
Reply 4
Summerdays
I didn't get the critical value = test statistics. I got W+ = 8 and the critical value equaling something else :s-smilie:

I'm fairly sure that the critical value equalled 8, (n=9, 1-tail 5%), check just now. You may have had 5 if you did a 5% 2 tail test.
I did it as a resit from jan, and I'm sure this went much better! The wilcoxon was significant as it has to be less OR equal to the test statistic. It made me laugh when I saw that cos it was obviously their attempt to trip people up :rolleyes:

Latest

Trending

Trending