Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Conversion to UCAS

Announcements Posted on
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 14-09-2014
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hello All,

I've got Caribbean qualifications, CSECs (Caribbean Secondary Education Certificate - like GCSEs) and CAPEs (Caribbean Advanced Proficiency Examination - like A Levels). I would like to find out my UCAS points, please help.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    You don't

http://www.ucas.ac.uk/students/ucas_...qualifications

UCAS haven't added Caribbean quals to the tariff yet

Having said that, a few places with AAA A-level requirements are asking for AAA in CAPE so presumably A-levels and CAPE are about equivalent?

LSE say:
    The Caribbean Advanced Proficiency Examination (CAPE) is considered sufficient for entry to LSE in the following subjects only - Accounting, Biology, Chemistry, French, History, Literatures in English, Mathematics, Physics and Spanish. Applicants offering subjects that are not listed would, in addition, need to offer GCE A levels.
    Oxford say:
    Caribbean Advanced Proficiency Examination (CAPE) in Accounting, Biology, Chemistry, French, History, Literature in English, Mathematics, Physics, Spanish with grades of AAA
    Bristol say:
    Candidates with good grade profiles in the Caribbean Advanced Proficiency Examination (CAPE) in at least six CAPE units, including two double-unit courses will be considered for undergraduate study. Minimum grades of I or II are required.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bekaboo)
    You don't

http://www.ucas.ac.uk/students/ucas_...qualifications

UCAS haven't added Caribbean quals to the tariff yet

Having said that, a few places with AAA A-level requirements are asking for AAA in CAPE so presumably A-levels and CAPE are about equivalent?

LSE say:

Oxford say:

Bristol say:
    Well yeah they're the equivalent. I'm pretty sure that I saw something on the UCAS website about conversions... The link no longer works! I'm upset because I'm british and I want to go to university in Spain. Since I'm British, I'm not supposed to do their university entrance exam which is exactly like A-Levels, I've already done that, but my foreign qualifications are making this complicated. I'm trying to tell the woman that they're just like A-levels and I need my UCAS points to prove it.

Thanks
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Asha5692)
    Well yeah they're the equivalent. I'm pretty sure that I saw something on the UCAS website about conversions... The link no longer works! I'm upset because I'm british and I want to go to university in Spain. Since I'm British, I'm not supposed to do their university entrance exam which is exactly like A-Levels, I've already done that, but my foreign qualifications are making this complicated. I'm trying to tell the woman that they're just like A-levels and I need my UCAS points to prove it.

Thanks
    Well like I said, officially, they're worth 0 UCAS points because UCAS don't include them in the tariff, so it's really up to the individual university to decide.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 23, 2010
New on TSR

Writing your personal statement

Our free PS builder tool makes it easy

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.