The Student Room Group
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

*Help!*

Hi peeps,

I'm having a bit of trouble with the timetable thing in the handbook. On Tuesday the 27th, most of us have to attend compulsory introductory lectures for Principal Subjects. I'm doing Law with Economics..does this mean that I attend Block 4 (which is Law)...AND Block 1 which is Economics? Both or just my main which is Law?

Another thing I'm having problems with is the matter of CSP, Complementary Studies Programme. As I said above I'm doing Law with Economics..it says if your Principal subject is Economics, then you *have* to do 'Analytical methods for Economics and Business'. Do I have to do this? Does Economics count as one of my principal subjects?

Please help!
Reply 1
At the moment, law isnt your main, you do them both equally (or so i understand) until the end of yr 2. In dual honours you have 2 principal subjects, so.....

a) you go to block 1 and block 4
b) You only have to do that module if u do economics and u dont have A-Level maths ..... read it carefully!
c) and just to clarify, economics is one of ur principal subjects.

hope that clears it up x
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
Reply 2
that's right, you will be doing a dual honors where both law and economics are equal until your third year.
at the end of you second year you are given a choice as to whether you want to do the LLB therfore dropping econmics or stick to the dual honors Ba/Bsc.

so you'll need to go to the introductory lectures for both subjects.
Reply 3
oh cant believe you off to keele, i visited it during an open day and thought it was a dump! The accommodation was horrid! Sorry but true!
Reply 4
Are you able to look in a thesaurus and find another word for 'dump'?

Maybe the uni's not to your own taste but back it up with some other valid reasons instead of what the accomodation was like!
Reply 5
It may have not been your taste but its obviously not a dump if it's 35th out of the hundred odd uni's in the UK. We have chosen Keele as it's to our taste, it's not gonna be to everyones taste.

We don't criticise your uni choices so kindly don't criticise ours. All uni's have good and bad points. We will find out for ourselves. Thanks
I'd rather go to a university with a brilliant atmosphere and not so good accommodation than one with brilliant accommodation but a rubbish atmosphere anyday!

Latest