The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Nope. I can cook pesto pasta with veg. But I've chosen NOT to learn to cook. I hate multi-tasking in the kitchen. My brain won't accept that you can have more than 1 thing cooking at the same time. Brain does not comprehend.
I love cooking :biggrin: Enjoy it immensely; especially experimenting with new ingredients.
Reply 42
Nasir....:-)
I haven't started yet (Asian food takes forever), but I do help out my mum sometimes...
The only reason I am asking is because my parents are always having a go at me eg
Girls your age cook
Girls younger than you cook
What are you going to do when I am not at home (mum)
No-one will want to marry you
etc.
I intend to start proper cooking this summer before going off to uni just so they will stop nagging me. So yeah the question in the title

I always see your threads on the main page when I log in, calm it! :cool:
Yeah, I love cooking and baking (when I can be bothered- it's usually when I'm asked to).

I seldom eat a meal that I've prepared, though. My mum said I've inherited dad's habit of eating while I cook, so I'm pretty full by the time it's all on a plate.
Reply 44
yess :biggrin: But I hate following recepies, I just make my own stuff :biggrin:
Yeah I can cook, in fact I quite enjoy it. I also enjoy getting paid £5 for making an evening meal (y).
Yes, I have been since I was much younger. 'Tis not difficult :h:
I haven't started yet (Asian food takes forever), but I do help out my mum sometimes...
The only reason I am asking is because my parents are always having a go at me eg
Girls your age cook
What are you going to do when I am not at home (mum)
etc.
I intend to start proper cooking this summer before going off to uni just so they will stop nagging me. So yeah the question in the title

lol, Im the child of first generation africAN immigrants:rolleyes: so that's a given. They always try and pull that stunt on me 'girls younger than you can cook' yadayadayah
But having spokento alot of my cousins/friends abroad e.t.c they all have 'house help' and don't cook/clean daily. Your Parents will try and tell you anything:s-smilie: ...

b.tw I'd love to learn how to cook authentic asian food to be fair *sigh*:tongue:...I had some homemade veggie samosa's at someone party once-they were just :coma: ...
miles bttr than the take away versions you get at sainsbury's >.<
Yes I used to love it when I was 8 to 11 because I wanted to try recipes and stuff but now I don't enjoy it as much. I still cook though
Reply 49
I do all the cooking in our house. I buy the groceries, work out what we're eating, if my Mum isn't in then I plate it up and she reheats it or I set aside something she can do. I find it funny when I go to other peoples houses and their parents do all the cooking and washing and stuff. Still, it doesn't stop her from nagging me!

ScroobiusBrit
Yeah I can cook, in fact I quite enjoy it. I also enjoy getting paid £5 for making an evening meal (y).

You get PAID to make dinner? My god.
More guys I know can cook well than women, it's really quite shocking and/or appalling.
Yep. I'm pretty good :smile: Better at baking though! My mum's a great cook, so I've made the most of the opportunity to learn from her.
I do cook, although I hated cooking all through uni because it was dull just cooking for myself, I enjoy it now though - I love cooking our Christmas dinner and I bake a fair amount too.
Finding a girl who doesn't cook is like finding liquid water that isn't wet.
Reply 54
I help our cook when she's cooking but I don't think I've ever cooked an entire meal by myself. I make noodles and scrambled eggs though =]
Girls your age cook

The same 3 questions my mum asks me.
And no, i can't cook a proper meal.

But i can bake though. :awesome:
Reply 56
MrsShifty
Yes, I love cooking and baking.

Have just whipped up a warm courgette and goat's cheese salad salad for lunch and I've just taken some carrot and orange muffins out of the oven to have with tea later.

:sogood:

They sound delicious!

recipe?
Reply 57
Cooking? Easiest job in the world.
No. When I'm not living with my parents I live on toast, cheese on toast, beans on toast, apples, and grapes :biggrin: That is all I eat when I have to fend for myself.
Reply 59
I cook all the time. My boyfriend finds things he wants me to make and we go buy ingredients and I make us dinner :woo: it's funnnnn and my mum's an awful cook, if he's staying with me i'm not putting him through eating her food

Latest

Trending

Trending