The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I think I might have messed up my Sociology resit.

When I did the exam, I thought I understood the question, but looking back, I feel I may have misinterpretted it. Which is a bummer because it was worth 33 marks! :frown:

So, if my interpretation is correct, I reckon i've done really well.
If it's wrong, then I've done really bad.

It could go either way really :sadnod:
I answered a 13 mark question on exchange rates instead of interest rates :emo:
CookieDoughLove
I think I might have messed up my Sociology resit.

When I did the exam, I thought I understood the question, but looking back, I feel I may have misinterpretted it. Which is a bummer because it was worth 33 marks! :frown:

So, if my interpretation is correct, I reckon i've done really well.
If it's wrong, then I've done really bad.

It could go either way really :sadnod:

Well if this is the same AS-resit my mate took then I can offer you some advice. Nearly the whole class was debating what they'd included in their answers, all of whom had different point of views. Your paper will be most likely judged not only by a mark scheme but the paper in front of you. If you convince the marker that your points are valid and more suitable than the paper before, you're in for a treat!!

Hope I comforted you in your time of exam worries.
:p:
I wrote very little for my business economics exam worth 30 marks and I only wrote down a few irrelevent point and I think I screwed it up a little. Very worried now.:sad:
I like this thread! :biggrin: we just need some alcohol, in which case we can drown our sorrows and wallow in self pity in style.............on tsr! :woo: :lol:
Casshern1456
I wrote very little for my business economics exam worth 30 marks and I only wrote down a few irrelevent point and I think I screwed it up a little. Very worried now.:sad:

My advice is simple, ignore what you couldn't do in that exam and think about all the wonderful and detailed answers you've written in other exams.
:rolleyes:
CookieDoughLove
I like this thread! :biggrin: we just need some alcohol, in which case we can drown our sorrows and wallow in self pity in style.............on tsr! :woo: :lol:

You don't need alcohol, you've passed these exams with flying colours my good chump.
Antifazian
I answered a 13 mark question on exchange rates instead of interest rates :emo:

Surely a exam marker bored out of his head will be intrigued by a student who has written about exchange rates instead of that dull, ever growing stack of intrest rate responses. Don't judge the mistake, judge the exam markers mood.:yep:
Reply 9
i mucked up on my last maths exam, knowing i needed to get an A on it to get into Uni, :'(
joe_ex
i mucked up on my last maths exam, knowing i needed to get an A on it to get into Uni, :'(

A little birdy tells me that the grade boundaries will be lowered at a all time due to the amount of questions which blew the students minds away. Think about it like this, those question you've answered will most likely get you a comfortable B or A.
Reply 11
I wrote about a third of an answer for one philosophy question (that's half the paper) - though I think I did quite well with the other. I need a B to get into uni, or I'm screwed (gap-yearing here) and I am probably going to fail tomorrow's synoptic exam entirely. I don't even know any more.
Reply 12
pinda.college
A little birdy tells me that the grade boundaries will be lowered at a all time due to the amount of questions which blew the students minds away. Think about it like this, those question you've answered will most likely get you a comfortable B or A.

really? where have you heard this? or is this just ploi to make me feel better until i dont get into uni lol
Reply 13
I messed up Biology unit 4 exam....:frown: It was a mean paper...and now I wont get my A!!!
pinda.college
Surely a exam marker bored out of his head will be intrigued by a student who has written about exchange rates instead of that dull, ever growing stack of intrest rate responses. Don't judge the mistake, judge the exam markers mood.:yep:

I like your thinking :biggrin: I'm so in there with the pity marks.
Reply 15
i think i totally messed up my physics exam and had to make up answers :frown:
I've got a horrible feeling I've messed up AS English Literature. :eek:

I want to study midwifery at university, so I don't exactly NEED the subject. But it's one I love nontheless. The exam essay question was on hypocrisy in the Victorian society of Hardy's Tess of D'Urbervilles - if you'd asked me on any other day of the academic year, I would be BRIMMING with ideas about the subject. In the actual exam, unfortunately, it was a different story. I panicked, lost my focus, rambled, couldn't remember enough quotes.. Basically all the worst things you can do in a subject like English. :frown:

I feel so frustrated - I KNOW I was capable of a fantastic essay on that topic, but I screwed up the one and only chance I had to prove that to the examiner.
Reply 17
Everyone here seems worried they won't get a perfect score shock horror, or their 5th A :huff:

...I'm more worried that I won't actually get to any uni at all
:frown: :bawling:
Reply 18
I totally messed up a 6 marker on energy transformations of a gymnast on a trampoline in my physics exam. That same exam I messed up a question about refraction. The thing is, the january paper was supposed to be really difficult, but i found it surprising easy. But this means that the grade boundaries for this paper will be high:eek3: Because the pattern for GB has been low high low so theoretically this time it will be low. But then again, it was very tough, so I don't know really. Its a good thing I did well in January, but I'll still be disappointed if I don't get a B in this exam.
Had an ugly history question which brought tears to my eyes. Answered a question in English which was ignored by the rest of my English class. All in all, had a generally woeful exam experience.

Latest