The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

anybody else not got accommodation yet?

Hey.... I returned my accommodation form in late, so I brought this all upon myself (my mum has told me enough times!). Anyone else in the same situation? I phoned up and apparently I should hear by Monday but I don't know if I believe that. They said they still had some vacancies, so why can't they just let me have one of those? Anyway, I better get back to praying. Let me know if you're waiting too.
Reply 1
i got my RECEIPT by 20th may, that means iv sent the form quite in advance.
but i still havent gotten any accomodation yet as well. i called them up and they told me i havent been allotted although i should expect an email in the next 48 hours. i hope i do as international week begins on 12th
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 2
selina_c
Hey.... I returned my accommodation form in late, so I brought this all upon myself (my mum has told me enough times!). Anyone else in the same situation? I phoned up and apparently I should hear by Monday but I don't know if I believe that. They said they still had some vacancies, so why can't they just let me have one of those? Anyway, I better get back to praying. Let me know if you're waiting too.

I returned my form very late indeed and i got my accommodation pack through a couple of days ago. Have hope! :smile:
Reply 3
oooh nice! i pretty much gave up hope the other day but i feel a bit better now! how late are we talking? cos i was over a month late! plus did they put in decent halls or ones far away? to be honest i'll be happy with any now!
Reply 4
selina_c
oooh nice! i pretty much gave up hope the other day but i feel a bit better now! how late are we talking? cos i was over a month late! plus did they put in decent halls or ones far away? to be honest i'll be happy with any now!

I sent the form off August time.i had much the same sentiments as you in that i would have been happy no matter where i ended up. It turns out i got Pritchatts House which is close to the campus (10 min walk) and pretty snazzy (although expensive). And its self-catered which i asked for. So just hang on and i am sure you will be fine.

Actually, you should ring them up. If it tells you to leave a message, then do so instructing them to call you back. Then when you speak with them ask them whether you have any accommodation. Because they will not be able to specify on the phone. Hope that helps.
Hi - I couldn't get a place in halls so went through another agency www.accommodation4students.org so if you get really stuck they might be worth a try :smile:
Reply 6
I didn't get the accomodation I wanted so I have gone for a place in private halls called Victoria Halls and it looks amazing!!
Reply 7
enchantingchap - august? what?! how did u manage to get something before me? maybe i was too fussy, didn't want to be with smokers? or did u harrass them lots? maybe that's the way forward. well i did ring and i should hear something tomorrow so fingers crossed... although my mum is getting so mad now that if they said no they're in for a bit of earache.

oh and scottishgirlie why didn't they give you a place? did you get in through clearing?
i'm a postgrad, and priority for halls goes to first years and international students :confused: did you get it all worked out in the end?

selina_c
enchantingchap - august? what?! how did u manage to get something before me? maybe i was too fussy, didn't want to be with smokers? or did u harrass them lots? maybe that's the way forward. well i did ring and i should hear something tomorrow so fingers crossed... although my mum is getting so mad now that if they said no they're in for a bit of earache.

oh and scottishgirlie why didn't they give you a place? did you get in through clearing?
Reply 9
Havent got mine either... kinda strange really appearing in a new country with no place to live. After tons of voice messages and emails without a reply, Im hoping it comes down to venting pure frustration at the way this is handled.
i understand how u feel mate. i'm landing on the 18th and i have no place to go too! Though i have accomodation and my contract begins on the 19th. so if any of u need to stay a day or night...ur most welcome to stay at my room. after all wat are ppl on TSR for! :smile:
Reply 11
i got somewhere in the end, well at least for the first two terms. mason hall!

Latest

Trending

Trending