The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Not sure if someones already mentioned this but i can see this thing being used way more as a petty weapon than any kind of preventative measure.
Reply 61
midlandsman
You've made some good points but I'm not really convinced by this part. Being kicked in the balls hurts much much more than being hit in the cock.

Steevee
Just a point here, being hit in the D*** doesn't hurt nearly as much as it does in the balls. It's a different pain, but yes, in that pain, a man would be very, very angry.
I think you'll find most rapists are violent, and when violent people get angry... well.

Yes, but this is the difference between being hit briefly in the balls, and something biting into your cock for long periods of time. If a beartrap shut on my leg, I don't think I'd be able to think of anything else until it was off, and I'd imagine proportionally it would be similar with the cock/condom combination. Heck, guys freak out if there's a slight bit of teeth during a blowjob, I imagine having spikes that won't let go would be worse.

I agree that the violence could be a problem, but I've been mugged, and a second's distraction can make the difference between getting away and not. Obviously rape isn't an identical scenario, but in most cases I would have thought the split second where the rapist is realising what happened would be enough for the victim to make a headstart on a get away. The rapist would be fairly impeded from chasing after her simply from pain distraction, or even going into shock depending how severely these condoms hurt.

The article linked is a horrendously biased source, but the main point seems to be "A woman could forget she's wearing it and snare an innocent" and "A woman might vindictive and snare an innocent" which are both ******** points. A woman would not forget having something like this inside her, no matter how drunk she was. And I'm sorry, but whatever the Daily Mail might want you to think, false rape claims from people who consented are rare in the first place, and women who DELIBERATELY set out to make a false rape claim to look like a victim are even rarer.
Reply 62
Lizia
Yes, but this is the difference between being hit briefly in the balls, and something biting into your cock for long periods of time. If a beartrap shut on my leg, I don't think I'd be able to think of anything else until it was off, and I'd imagine proportionally it would be similar with the cock/condom combination. Heck, guys freak out if there's a slight bit of teeth during a blowjob, I imagine having spikes that won't let go would be worse.

I agree that the violence could be a problem, but I've been mugged, and a second's distraction can make the difference between getting away and not. Obviously rape isn't an identical scenario, but in most cases I would have thought the split second where the rapist is realising what happened would be enough for the victim to make a headstart on a get away. The rapist would be fairly impeded from chasing after her simply from pain distraction, or even going into shock depending how severely these condoms hurt.

I seriously doubt this thing will be anything like as painful or debilitating as a bear trap (or actually having your cock bitten). Unlike those, it doesn't do serious permanent damage.

Also, rape victims are usually restrained/held down in some way. If a heavy man is lying on top of you, it's going to take more than a moment's distraction to break free.

Another thing to consider is that lots of rape victims know their attackers. (I don't know about South Africa, but here it is a large majority). So even if the victim does manage to escape the attack, there could be a danger of revenge 'after the fact.'
Reply 63
I think the idea behind it is a deterrent, I cant see many people using them unless they dont have sex apart from when they get raped. Otherwise the woman would just end up getting killed by the rapist.

EDIT - Wait, I dont get it. It can only be removed by a doctor so a woman cant remove it herself right? But if a guy puts his dick in then it comes out stuck on the dick? So surely the woman can put anything up herself similar to a dick and it will come out on that?
Reply 64
There is so much oppourtunity for abuse with this. There are a lot of vindictive women who would use it on an ex, or a boyfriend they're pissed off with, or random strangers out of spite. It could also be used to falsly incriminate someone for rape.
Reply 65
midlandsman
I seriously doubt this thing will be anything like as painful or debilitating as a bear trap (or actually having your cock bitten). Unlike those, it doesn't do serious permanent damage.

Also, rape victims are usually restrained/held down in some way. If a heavy man is lying on top of you, it's going to take more than a moment's distraction to break free.

Another thing to consider is that lots of rape victims know their attackers. (I don't know about South Africa, but here it is a large majority). So even if the victim does manage to escape the attack, there could be a danger of revenge 'after the fact.'

Well obviously it won't actually be as painful as a bear trap, but I'd imagine my leg isn't anywhere near as sensitive as a cock :dontknow: If it's clamped in hard enough that they guy can't pee or walk, and it needs surgical removal, then I would have thought it would cause some kind of permanent damage considering how delicate the area affected is?

I'm fairly sure in South Africa the majority of rapes aren't done by people the victim knows. Considering the other crimes that are almost as prevalent as rape are muggings and burglaries, murders and carjackings, it would seem that stranger crime really is the problem in South Africa. In which case I'd say these condoms being used widely would be a deterrent at least. I'm not advocating these devices for use in Britain, but in South Africa, they definitely seem like at least a decent attempt to solve the problem. This is a country where a third of women will be raped at least once in their lifetime, a quarter of all men have raped a woman, and boys in school think gang rape is fun and a girl means 'yes' even when she says 'no'. In a place like that, I'd be scared to step outside the door without some kind of weapon, and if this condom had the added effect of meaning that the rapist will be caught and prosecuted, then I'd probably use it.

THRASHx
I think the idea behind it is a deterrent, I cant see many people using them unless they dont have sex apart from when they get raped. Otherwise the woman would just end up getting killed by the rapist.

EDIT - Wait, I dont get it. It can only be removed by a doctor so a woman cant remove it herself right? But if a guy puts his dick in then it comes out stuck on the dick? So surely the woman can put anything up herself similar to a dick and it will come out on that?

Women can insert it and remove it themselves, it isn't a permanent attachment. It isn't attached to the woman in any way, it just sits inside her like a normal female condom would. It only attaches itself to the penis that enters the condom.
Reply 66
It's a good concept, but as you've all said, if the man is psycho enough to rape a woman he'll hardly have a problem beating her up when this thing gets lodged on his manhood. It would just make it more traumatic for the woman to be honest :frown:

On another note- who the fleep will have had the bawlz to try this bad boy out!??!?!?!!? Surely it must have been tested during prodiction, to make it as effective as possible. :lolwut: :lolwut:
wait wait wait...QUESTIONS!!!

1) Just looked at the image of the thing. If the "teeth" don't break the skin, how exactly are they so hard to remove? I mean could you not take a pair of scissors and wedge them between the rim and the penis, then cut it off?

2) What about when the guy loses his erection(which won't take long once you have "teeth" biting you)? Surely it'll loosen and be able to be removed non-surgically?

I think this would just enrage in the rapist tbh and since it's so widespread, I imagine a rapist would use a foreign object first to check if the women has one.
they asked us about this a few years ago in school, and what people thought about it. The design wasn't finalised then. The issu is if rapists actually look for this device and actually reverse it themselves before doing the act. Flawed idea imo, on one hand has to be circulated in the media to create awareness of the method, on the other hand the info could get into the hands of the wrong people
Reply 69
Did anyone else notice that the link on the first page lead to the "False Rape Society"? Way to get an objective source, OP.

Anyways, I'm not really sure what I think about this. It seems like there are a lot of ways it could be misused but the situation in south Africa regarding rape is so bad, that maybe desperate times call for desperate measures. Yes, it might be misused by women trying to frame men, but I think the point of the device is more to provide a shock to the man to allow a woman a few seconds to get away, and to provide a deterrant to rape, rather than an actual tool of conviction.
Reply 70
Lizia
Well obviously it won't actually be as painful as a bear trap, but I'd imagine my leg isn't anywhere near as sensitive as a cock :dontknow: If it's clamped in hard enough that they guy can't pee or walk, and it needs surgical removal, then I would have thought it would cause some kind of permanent damage considering how delicate the area affected is?

I'm fairly sure in South Africa the majority of rapes aren't done by people the victim knows. Considering the other crimes that are almost as prevalent as rape are muggings and burglaries, murders and carjackings, it would seem that stranger crime really is the problem in South Africa. In which case I'd say these condoms being used widely would be a deterrent at least. I'm not advocating these devices for use in Britain, but in South Africa, they definitely seem like at least a decent attempt to solve the problem. This is a country where a third of women will be raped at least once in their lifetime, a quarter of all men have raped a woman, and boys in school think gang rape is fun and a girl means 'yes' even when she says 'no'. In a place like that, I'd be scared to step outside the door without some kind of weapon, and if this condom had the added effect of meaning that the rapist will be caught and prosecuted, then I'd probably use it.

I'm sure these things will be painful, but probably not painful enough to ensure a getaway. If women could find a way to conceal beartraps in their knickers then I'm sure that would do the trick.

Ok, awareness about these condoms might serve as a general deterrent, but I doubt this somehow. Rapists don't make a rational decision before raping, i.e. weighing up the pros, cons and risks. They rape because they want to rape.

Most importantly though, women who actually do wear these things will be putting themselves at serious risk. There is a real danger that they will end up seriously beaten or killed by their attackers. And what if the woman gets gang raped, as is pretty common in South Africa? One guy will get a sore cock, whilst another 6 will be free to beat the **** out of the woman. If you ever go to South Africa, then for your own sake, don't wear one.
Reply 71
They'll all find out and start raping without a condom (i don't even think they even use condoms anyway lol)
Rocious
if a guy was raping me orally the last thing i'd do is bite his wang. i mean jesus christ rape is bad enough, but yeah let's **** up the sociopath's cock cause that'll end so well for the woman!

you bite down hard the last thing he'll be thinking of doing is continuing the rape, especially if it tears

though you may get a bit of surpise when you get a pressure hose of blood shooting off in your mouth,

greatmonte
the flaw with this invention is women will not wear this all the time so in a rape situation which is a surprise to the victim it will be useless

However even If it does the woman will get killed if the rapist gets pricked.....(excuse the pun :ahee:)

and the possibilities for misuse are just endless

and if she does wear it for continued periods of time surely that would increase the chances of TSS?

a good idea but it has too many flaws to be viable
Reply 73
I'm not a woman, but if I was I don't think I'd really want a load of sharp spikes inside my vagina, just incase something went wrong.
dude55
I'm not a woman, but if I was I don't think I'd really want a load of sharp spikes inside my vagina, just incase something went wrong.

Haha. It would be like tying a mace to your penis and hoping for the best for your testicles.
It's Not The Penis Raping Her, It's The Person.

Spare A Thought For Every Man's Penis; This Thing Is Lethal.
It should be made to castrate them tbh.

Latest

Trending

Trending