The Student Room Group

Rounding up percentages of overall grade

Hi,

I've just been looking back over my module results to see what i need to get in my bio exam to get a C overall and decided to see how close to a B I was in General Studies last year. I got 46/100 and 93/100 (Hated the first paper :P) which gives me 139/200. That's 69.5%. Wouldn't they have rounded that up tp 70% to give me a B? I was only given a C....
THough it's probably too late too appeal now isn't it? They were taken last June,

thanks guys :smile:
Reply 1
BryBee
Hi,

I've just been looking back over my module results to see what i need to get in my bio exam to get a C overall and decided to see how close to a B I was in General Studies last year. I got 46/100 and 93/100 (Hated the first paper :P) which gives me 139/200. That's 69.5%. Wouldn't they have rounded that up tp 70% to give me a B? I was only given a C....
THough it's probably too late too appeal now isn't it? They were taken last June,

thanks guys :smile:

They don't work in %. They add up your UMS and that determines your grade, you need 140/200 for a B. 139 is a C.
You could have requested a remark when you got the result but not now.
Reply 2
Those were the UMS marks that you got, not percentage marks.
No they won't round it up. If you need minimum 140 out of 200 for an B, then that's what you need, if you get 139 it doesn't matter if it's 69.5%, it doesn't work on average percentages, it works on overall points so you can't do much other than resit or remark. Well that's for my subject boards anyway, but I doubt other subjects board are any different, you need the minimum points out of a maximum points for whatever grade.
Reply 4
Ah well, thanks guys :smile:

Latest