The Student Room Group

Resat my AS year, disadvantage when applying for uni?

My GCSE results were ok: 2A*, 6A, 2B, 2C. But I hated education.

Last year I went to a sixth form, I wasn't keen on continuing with my education but my family forced me to.
I rarely attended my lessons as I didn't care about A levels, but sat my exams for the EMA bonus £100. In August '09 surprisingly I passed my AS with 4Es. (I know its terrible..)
I informed my sixth form of not coming back in Sept '09 that very day too.

For the entire summer I went through a lot.. many unpleasant events occured.
In Oct '09 I changed my mind and decided to do my A levels again. I enrolled for a college and got a place to resit my AS year-maths, chemistry, furthermaths and sociology.
In January 2010, my results were ABB for maths, chemistry and furthermaths.

My summer exams are over now and I think I've done quite well after comparing answers with many people.
I've decided that I want to study pharmacology or chemistry in Uni now. The Unis I am intending to apply for are Cardiff, Southampton Bristol, Bath. Requirements for these subjects are ABB and I think its achieveable for me.

Am I at a disadvantage for resitting my entire AS year and more likely to get rejected from these Unis as a result of it?
I know Bristol and Bath are highly ranked so are they more selective?

Please help me.
Thanks.
Reply 1
I'm not 100% sure, but only a few uni's say they want the result to be in one sitting, or might increase the typical offer from like AAB to AAA since you're a resit. Check out the uni's websites and have a look around at the entry requirements, it might specify.
I never really thought about that, but i hope not coz i'm in the same boat as you..guess we'll find out when we apply :s-smilie:
Reply 3
Or... you could call up and check if it effects you or not, at that particular uni. :yep:
for pharmacology or chemistry, very doubtful

if your that worried look on the uni sites, and drop a email or ring and ask
Reply 5
Thanks. I'll probably call up as the website or prospectus doesn't specify about resits.
WIsh me luck =_=
Reply 6
It didn't hurt me for economics and politics. As above, ask the institutions themselves.

Latest

Trending

Trending