The Student Room Group

Advanced Higher Biology/ Advanced Higher Chemistry Projects

Hi Guys,
I'm doing advanced higher biology and advanced higher chemistry and I've been told to start thinking about my projects now. I'm wondering what people are or have done for their projects? I really want something interesting to do that I'll even enjoy doin at a push rather than boring enzyme activity or content of vitamin C tablets :eek3: (Big favourites in my school!):confused:

Any help would be great! Natalie x:biggrin:
Reply 1
I'm going to be doing my advanced bio + chem projects too.

For bio, I'm thinking about having a go at some sort of microbiology investigation or possibly something psychology related. I have no idea for chemistry, since we don't start our project for that until the start of 2011.
Reply 2
jackwka
I'm going to be doing my advanced bio + chem projects too.

For bio, I'm thinking about having a go at some sort of microbiology investigation or possibly something psychology related. I have no idea for chemistry, since we don't start our project for that until the start of 2011.

If you're going into the psychology zone, you could do stuff related to STM.
Reply 3
God knows what im going to do, for the time being, its to enjoy summer!
Reply 4
Iyaz, i'm an Adv Higher Biologist!

I originally wanted to do the effects of sleep deprivation on short term memory, but my teacher has strongly discouraged me from doing it, saying i'd need at least 9 volunteers to make the test reliable and it would be difficult to ensure reliable results with numerous factors needing to be controlled & monitored. : /

Now i'm back to the drawing board, and my teacher wants an idea of what i'm doing by Monday so stuff can be ordered if needed to be. (i think?)

Any help or ideas would be much appreciated :smile:
Reply 5
matthew93
Iyaz, i'm an Adv Higher Biologist!

I originally wanted to do the effects of sleep deprivation on short term memory, but my teacher has strongly discouraged me from doing it, saying i'd need at least 9 volunteers to make the test reliable and it would be difficult to ensure reliable results with numerous factors needing to be controlled & monitored. : /

Now i'm back to the drawing board, and my teacher wants an idea of what i'm doing by Monday so stuff can be ordered if needed to be. (i think?)

Any help or ideas would be much appreciated :smile:

You could do how prevention of rehearsal in STM doesn't allow information to be transferred into LTM,

For my psychology investigation (before I dropped it), I made 6 people read a comic strip of a story, then answer a little question paper on it. I then made 6 different people read it as prose, then answer a little question paper on it (Basically, a more fun way of close reading except you don't get to see the comic/prose when answering the questions :p:) The comic test showed that more people remembered the story visually. There's also loads of error stuff you can talk about too.

Sorry for gate-crashing :p:

Latest

Trending

Trending