The Student Room Group
Reply 1
"Learning the Law" by Glanville Williams seems to be pretty mandatory reading for potential law students...

"Law Machine" is another which was on my list.. i have the book but havent taken much a look at it.. it seems to criticize the judical system more than anything. (my version is ancient btw.. 1980+!!)
Do you mean the prelim reading or the actual reading for the particular subjects he will be studying?
Reply 3
Thanks for that. I think he has some of the preliminary reading, and is also after actual reading for the core courses...
Reply 4
turbulence
"Learning the Law" by Glanville Williams seems to be pretty mandatory reading for potential law students...

"Law Machine" is another which was on my list.. i have the book but havent taken much a look at it.. it seems to criticize the judical system more than anything. (my version is ancient btw.. 1980+!!)

Thanks for the recommendation matey, i've just ordered Learning the Law.
Aj2003
Thanks for the recommendation matey, i've just ordered Learning the Law.

But it's so boring....

As for KCL, has he tried the department website? http://www.kcl.ac.uk/depsta/law/ There's the preliminary reading list and if it's anything like the Cambridge website, you should be able to find the core textx for each subject with a bit of searching around. Most places do advise not buying much beforehand though, becuase your tutor/lecturer might not use that book.
Reply 6
phillipsm
Thanks for that. I think he has some of the preliminary reading, and is also after actual reading for the core courses...

So you're both going to the same Uni, right... how sweet!
Reply 7
I hope u guys from Sheff have yours now!:smile:
Reply 8
chriswhit
I hope u guys from Sheff have yours now!:smile:

Have they sent them out? I haven't got anything, assumed we'd get them during registration :confused:
Reply 9
_m_a_y_a_
Have they sent them out? I haven't got anything, assumed we'd get them during registration :confused:

Yeah, you probably get them then..don't worry:smile:
Legal Method (Palgrave Law Masters) by Ian McLeod is well worth reading as a grounding before commencing your studies.
Reply 11
Nil Desperandum
Legal Method (Palgrave Law Masters) by Ian McLeod is well worth reading as a grounding before commencing your studies.

The little white book:biggrin: yes, yes it is!:smile: One of the most accessible texts around.
Reply 12
chriswhit
The little white book:biggrin: yes, yes it is!:smile: One of the most accessible texts around.

Did you actually buy this book or did you loan it from the library. Judging from the libraries in my borough, these books are not available anywhere except the shops :mad: and I really cant be bothered to pay for them just for introductory reading, when I know I will have to spend ££ on the books I will really need in Uni.

Latest

Trending

Trending