Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
For both maths and further maths I did, C1 C2 C3 C4 FP1 FP2 S1 D1 D2 M1 M2 M3
Maths: C1-4, M1-2 (Most probably)
F Maths: FP1-2, M3, S1-2, D1
Reply 22
For Futher Maths I did:

FP1 FP2 FP3 M2 M3 D1

I haven't actually done the FP3 exam yet, but otherwise they've been good. :P I think FP3 and M3 are the hardest ones and D1 is definitely the easiest. M2 is surprisingly similar to M1 and so wasn't too bad and FP1 is an AS unit so was comparitively easier then C3 and C4.
jwn09
I'd say FP1 is probably slightly easier than C1/C2! FP3's horrible though. I have chemistry on Monday so am seriously considering not revising and using the other 6.

Lol I did some of C1/C2 at secondary school so I guess that's why I found them easier than FP1. But you're right, FP1 is ok. We've only done 12 modules at our college so i'm stuck with all of them even if I fail some! I agree, there are many exams I would rather take than FP3! Good luck! :smile:
firingsquad
My question is:

What do you want from further maths?

(i) A piece of paper to flash around to uni's
(ii) A chance to advance your maths understand/pleasure

I think the biggest cop out would be FP1/S1/D1 for thise who are either doing mechanics or sitting with another board.

Challenge wise, The FP units and the A2 applied ones

This one. If I wanted to truly deepen my understanding of mathematics rather than rattle of rules and such I would generally read rather than take the standardised tests. :biggrin:
andy12691
Fp1, Fp2, M2, M3, S1, S2

I finished Fp1 paper in an hour which left me 30 mins doing nothing in the exam. And I couldn't finish my Fp2 this morning so yes, for me Fp2 is much more challenging.

So basically in term of difficulty, C1, C2 < D1, M1, S1, S2 < M2, Fp1 < C3 < C4 < M3 < Fp2

FP2 this morning (WJEc, right?) was horrible - none of my class managed to finish all parts of each question, and they're quite a smart class - though I struggled with mechanics, love stats though - S3 was easy! I strangely found C4 easy last year - well I though I'd failed, but got 96%, hmm.
charlotte-rose
I took more modules than needed :p:
C1 C2 C3 C4 FP1 FP2 M1 M2 M3 S1 S2 S3 D1 D2

Of those which were hardest?
intellectual1
Of those which were hardest?

I find M2 and M3 hard, but that's because my brain can't grasp the concepts well (M1 was hard enough). Hardest for all people in general, D2. One guy in my class is getting 90-100% in every single maths exam, and he couldn't answer 12 marks worth of D2 - although it was a horrid exam.
i did fp1,2,3,4 d1,m2,s2 there not hard at all
andy12691
Fp1, Fp2, M2, M3, S1, S2

I finished Fp1 paper in an hour which left me 30 mins doing nothing in the exam. And I couldn't finish my Fp2 this morning so yes, for me Fp2 is much more challenging.

So basically in term of difficulty, C1, C2 < D1, M1, S1, S2 < M2, Fp1 < C3 < C4 < M3 < Fp2

Hmmm, I'd say

C1, FP1, D1 < C2, S1 < S3 < S2 < C3, M1, FP2 < C4 < M2, M3 < D2

But we all have different opinions :p:
Reply 30
Fp1, M1, D2...as
Fp4, Fp3, M2...a2

D2 was by far the esiest, M1 was ok as did physics, Fp4 was dire, M2 was hard.
Killer Bean
This one. If I wanted to truly deepen my understanding of mathematics rather than rattle of rules and such I would generally read rather than take the standardised tests. :biggrin:

Fair play.
Unfortunately, I just wouldn't be bothered to do the extensive reading equivalent to an A Level, so for me at least, I used the extra A Level as a motive for gaining a fair insight into things.
But we're all different etc etc :woo:
Reply 32
I honestly don't know how mine are going to fit together, so I just put everything in - 3 FPs and 2 each of the applied modules.
FP1,D1,S2 at AS and FP2-4 at A2 - I LOVED FP2, definitely found it easier than C3/4
Killer Bean

In that case, learn FP1 of another exam board, then sit their Further AS maths and sit the two units you have already sat for your A level.

So if you have done edexcel A level and done M1 and S1, sit further AS maths with AQA/OCR and study thier FP1 ad sit their M1 and S1 which you will already know
For AS, did FP1, M1, D1(Big mistake)

Then for A2, I'm doing FP2, FP3, and M2
Reply 36
c1,c2,c3,c4,s1,m1,m2,m3,m4,fp1,fp2,fp3.

FP1 = piss
Fp2 - massive step up.

But the hardest were M3 and M4
Reply 37
C1, C2, C3, C4, S1, M1 for normal maths, FP1, FP2, FP3 for as further.

In rank difficulty: FP1 > FP2 > FP3 > M1 > C1 > C4 > C2 > S1 > C3

This is with wjec, where FP1 is horrifyingly abstract, and there was much more to learn than in any other module. C3 was dishwater, but for me C1 was also sort of a challenge because I used to suck at maths, and I took my time getting used to it :biggrin:

ScroobiusBrit
FP2 this morning (WJEc, right?) was horrible - none of my class managed to finish all parts of each question, and they're quite a smart class - though I struggled with mechanics, love stats though - S3 was easy! I strangely found C4 easy last year - well I though I'd failed, but got 96%, hmm.

You're right, FP2 sucked! Hardest exam I've ever done. I couldn't do a few of the questions all the way through, like the odd and even question. I think FP1 is the hardest but after today I'm almost tempted to say FP2 is pretty close.
Reply 38
AS Further Maths: FP1, FP2 and one application. It will either be M1/S1/M2 depending on how EDEXCEL play with my results to give me grades.

FP1 is not particularly hard, although induction is a pain.
FP2 can be horrible though, but give it enough time then it should start to make sense (once you understand something, the questions are easy, that's how maths is)
I did AQA: C1-4, FP1-3, D1-2, M1-2, S1
Would say the FP2 was the hardest, preferred FP3.

Latest

Trending

Trending