The Student Room Group

Picking a university course?!

Well, im in year 12 and should really be thinking about what course i'd like to do at University! I have a rough idea of what i want to do, but when i really really think about it and imagining myself doing it i cant!
I've been thinking of studying Human Biology because i've always had a keen interest for it and love the human body! But my dad thinks its the 'easy option' do you think that? and that its 'too vague and doesn't have as many career options as others like biomedical science' but im rubbish at chemistry, so i find all the chemistry stuff hard, which is what biomedical science involves!

Do you have to have a passion for what you want to do? How did you pick your course/what do you think your going to pick?

Is my dad right? i really hope not lol

thanks for reading :smile:
When it came down to it, I realised the only subject I have ever really liked/loved was Maths.

Always go for what you enjoy - not which looks best on paper/ to someone else.
Pretty much what carlylwright has said, you've got to go with your heart and choose the subject that you really want to do. Mine turned out to be ICT as was probably set in stone years ago really.

You're going to be spending several thousand pounds too so, not pressuring you, but it is a decision you have got to be sure of and take your time making. It is useful to research the course and find out the syllabus of it rather than seeing the name and saying 'that sounds good'. I'm not at university yet but I'm hoping to go in October but when I applied I realised how much more advanced the course is than at college.

Take your time and research but it should be a largely autonomous decision I believe.

The following site may be of some help also in finding a suitable university :smile:

http://www.push.co.uk/

Latest

Trending

Trending