The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I am, because it motivates me to do better
Reply 41
What is this? An audition for the apprentice?
Reply 42
Very, but I pretend i'm not. So when I win it hurts everyone all the more. :smile:
I'm quite competitive, without being a psycho about it. I think it's a good thing, it just makes me work harder! Particularly in my favourite subject, English.

Though I am a bit worried in case I end up turning into a competitive monster in university next year, since everyone will be as good as or better than me.
I am quite competitive. Earlier one classmate of mine was the "standard mark" for me. I had to be better than him. Always. I have nothing against him, we are quite good friends. Competition is just something for myself- against myself, never against others. Just business, nothing personal. Well now I'm at med school, and he is still at school with pretty bad grades- people change.

I'm quite competitive, but unfortunately not enough to compensate my lazyness. Feels bad, man. I think my lazyness is a disease. Its really... a disease. I hate my lazyness. Its a constant war against myself.
Hardly, I'm not the cleverest person in any of my classes so I have no pressure to uphold some sort of reputation. I don't need any more motivation anyway, I do my best and that's almost always good enough.
I'm not competitive at all and I find people who are to be extremely sad and i can't stand being around them. ******* losers. I bet you guys can't wait till results day when you might beat your archenemy. You'd all probably go home and masturbate over it as well
I am incredibly competitive.
I cannot stand getting lower grades than my friends or others on my course.
Or at least that's how I was at college. I was top of the class and got the highest grade and it wasn't THAT difficult.
At uni it's a different story, I have no hope in achieving higher than my peers.
xnatalie01x
I do my best, I'm certainly not naturally a straight A* student and I never will be.

There's more to life really. I will be happy with A's and B's

THIS!

I've set myself a target of AABB (which I think is an achievement!). Other people getting A*s only really affects me in regards to UMS, and even then, not by a large margin.

So whoever gets those A*'s all round, good for them, but I'm not gonna get pissed off over it. As long as I'm in the uni that I want to go to, I'll be buzzin' :yep:
I dont give a crap what anyone else gets, as long as I do the best I know I am capable of.
Only when it comes to my art lessons, everyone jealously safeguards their ideas whilst trying to sneak a peek at others :ninja:. Towards the end of the year it looks like everyones only done around 5 A1 sheets apiece, but then we all lug massive folders in and see who topped the rest :biggrin:
Reply 51
I compete with myself and only myself. Obviously I like knowing what other people got, and it boosts my confidence when I find that I've achieved higher than someone I considered very intelligent, but my aim is never to compete with someone, only to improve myself.
I wouldn't say i am competitive with other people. I am competitive with myself though. If that makes sense.
ridiculously
Reply 54
Unbelieveably competitive, I'm starting to worry myself a bit. When we first got put into classes based on rank order in the year I became even more competitive, like most other people in the top class did, and my marks shot up by about 15%. I think I'm one of the worst though. My whole family are deadly competitive, my mum banned monopoly and board games when my brother was 5 as if somebody didn't win then we'd keep playing until someone fell asleep.
1,000,000 times more competitive than you!

Seriously, very, but only with certain people. Like the girl who bullied me and then become head girls. Or with me boyfriend as a joke (Jan science exam I got 96%, he got 97% beat him in biology though 98% to 0%)
Reply 56
I get really competitive, it's really bad because when someone gets one up on me i feel like a failure...i know, honestly, i shouldn't because i tried my best but it does get to me knowing i need to improve!
After attending a state school that was nearly closed down and then
an under performing college I've never felt the need to be competitive
because I've always been one of the brightest.

I'm aware this will change if I go to Uni but it'll just motivate me to be better.
Well I'm the most competitive.. :p:
Reply 59
I'm quite competitive - especially in the subjects I know I'm good at.
I'm also quite competitive with myself, I've learned that I'm not as good as some people at some things (I can't be bothered to do the work most of the times/it's too easy); but if I do worse than I normally do...I shall be angry for a long time.

But what really got to me this year was the whole Head Girl/Deputy/Senior Prefect thing. -_- I still can't believe I wasn't shortlisted. And it doesn't even matter anymore.
It really hurts me when I don't get something I know I deserve/worked super hard for.

[but when I do...the feeling's awesome!]

Latest