The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
sungirl
hey, my hair is pretty long, 5-7 cm shorter than that girl's hair on the video( pity on my profile picture you can't see that). I think girls with long hair look very beautiful, at least I don't see myself with short hair.
Haha :biggrin: and there is nothing you can do to make girls with long hair like you, just be confident and be a gentleman :smile: We appreciate that :smile:

Wow, your hair must be long if it's only 5-7cm shorter than the video!
Congrats on having the patience to grow your hair out so long :cool: How long has it been since you last cut your hair?

Haha I try to do my best, I like to take a girl out shopping and treat them to a new dress/shoes/jeans. :smile: Does that count as being a gentleman?
Daveopoulos
I don't have a hair fetish, long hair is just something I like :smile:

I'm not really sure what a fetish is, but I'm pretty sure it has connotations of perversion...

A fetish a something you are extremely attracted to, mostly sexually. So most people have boob fetishes, but some people have hand, finger, feet and even nose fetishes. And yes I have encountered people in real life who all find these body parts the most attractive part of a woman.

And now I have found out that you have a hair fetish.

But if your attraction isn't THAT strong you can simply class it as a 'preference for long haired women'.
Reply 42
Rananagirl
Hehe, it's good to see somebody likes long hair these days!! It seems to me like most people see shoulder-length as being long and shorter as better/more stylish.

My hair is approaching my hips (with a little layering) and aside from one or two people, most girls are always like "Why don't you want to cut it? :s-smilie:"...Grr!

As for talking to long-haired girls - don't worry, they're just normal people! :p:
I don't think complimenting a girl's hair would be weird at all - if anything it'd be lovely to have somebody notice you for something that wasn't your ass/cleavage.

Wow rananagirl, your hair must be really long if it reaches your hips! :smile:
How long have you been growing it for?
What is layering? I'm not really sure what that means? :confused:

The girls telling you to cut your hair are just jealous. Either that or they can't stand variety, they are probably the sort of girls that think everyone should aspire to look like Paris Hilton. :rolleyes:

Haha I think you've hit the nail on the head. Most guys think I'm weird for liking a girls hair, they are just interested in the ass/cleavage :rolleyes:
Do you often get compliments on your hair when you're on a night out?
Reply 43
basically if ur naturally pretty u can pull of short hair, it shows off more defined jaw line and higher cheek bones. most girls with long hair look pretty common to me
Reply 44
planetearth
A fetish a something you are extremely attracted to, mostly sexually. So most people have boob fetishes, but some people have hand, finger, feet and even nose fetishes. And yes I have encountered people in real life who all find these body parts the most attractive part of a woman.

And now I have found out that you have a hair fetish.

But if your attraction isn't THAT strong you can simply class it as a 'preference for long haired women'.

Haha planetearth, by your definition I probably would have a hair fetish then as the attraction is very strong. :cool:

I still deny that I have a fetish though, it just sounds creepy...:p:
Reply 45
Daveopoulos
Hi Psyk, when you say the length is a bit extreme, are you referring to the video posted by me or the picture from marcusmerehay?

Both really. I guess the woman in the video doesn't look bad, but personally I don't think hair that long would just get in the way.
Reply 46
Daveopoulos
Wow, your hair must be long if it's only 5-7cm shorter than the video!
Congrats on having the patience to grow your hair out so long :cool: How long has it been since you last cut your hair?

Haha I try to do my best, I like to take a girl out shopping and treat them to a new dress/shoes/jeans. :smile: Does that count as being a gentleman?

Thank you. I know myself with long hair since I was a kid. My mum loved long hair on girls so she decided that I won't cut it either. I cut my hair every 2 months, and I cut 1-2 cm, no more than that. It's good for my hair, and it makes it look healthy too.

Taking out a girl and buying her clothes/shoes?? :lolwut: :eek3: naaah....:no:
A real gentleman is rare and is someone who treats everyone well—not just the girl he’s interested in. A gentleman is polite to everyone, thoughtful to everyone, considerate to everyone. It can mean anything from paying for the dinner, cab ride home to calling a girl ''Lady'', not just: hey, chick!
As well, he always : hold doors, open doors, ladies first, respect his elders (expl: yes sir/madam) and ofcourse knows how to treat a lady.... Buying clothes is just.....rude?! I'ld take that as an offence (but ofcourse depends who's the man, type of relationship).

Any questions? :biggrin:
Reply 47
>Anna<
:laugh: Mine's just a bit longer than waist length at the moment.

It's not weird to compliment it, I don't think. But just use it like a regular compliment like "Wow, your hair is gorgeous"...and then move on with conversation unless she keeps talking about her hair. If she just says "thanks" then move on. But yeah, don't get too hung up on her hair or she might think 'what's wrong with the rest of me?' because we don't get complimented on our that much by guys (or at least I don't).

Just talk to her about normal stuff! Hair doesn't make a difference :p:

:biggrin: Thanks for your reply Anna, I will definitely try that :cool:

One more thing that I forgot to ask: what hairstyles do you long haired girls like on guys? Would you like long hair on guys? Or is it a case of 'opposites attract' and you like guys with short hair?
I have short brown hair, which is basically shaved with a number 2 back and sides and spiked up with gel a little bit on top haha :wink:
Reply 48
Psyk
Both really. I guess the woman in the video doesn't look bad, but personally I don't think hair that long would just get in the way.

Hi Psyk, given the choice, would you prefer the lady in the video if she cut her hair in a different style and shorter?

Imo, she is an attractive lady with a pretty face, so she would look good however she wore her hair. That said, I think her hair is perfect, but everybody has different opinions...
Daveopoulos
:biggrin: Thanks for your reply Anna, I will definitely try that :cool:

One more thing that I forgot to ask: what hairstyles do you long haired girls like on guys? Would you like long hair on guys? Or is it a case of 'opposites attract' and you like guys with short hair?
I have short brown hair, which is basically shaved with a number 2 back and sides and spiked up with gel a little bit on top haha :wink:

Haha, no problem.

I like normal length hair on guys :s-smilie: Like not really long (although I think longish hair can look nice on guys as long as it's kept nice) but not super short either.

But I'm sure it varies from girl to girl. And it depends what suits the guy too.
It's a little unusual, I guess - but in the past, that length of hair was pretty common, so a lot of men then must have found it attractive. A lot of men probably still do. And I personally think long hair like that is really pretty (but also a lot of work. meh).

Girls with long hair aren't any different to any other girls, so I don't think there are any special techniques anyone can teach you to successfully hit on girls with long hair.
Reply 51
sungirl
Thank you. I know myself with long hair since I was a kid. My mum loved long hair on girls so she decided that I won't cut it either. I cut my hair every 2 months, and I cut 1-2 cm, no more than that. It's good for my hair, and it makes it look healthy too.

Taking out a girl and buying her clothes/shoes?? :lolwut: :eek3: naaah....:no:
A real gentleman is rare and is someone who treats everyone well—not just the girl he’s interested in. A gentleman is polite to everyone, thoughtful to everyone, considerate to everyone. It can mean anything from paying for the dinner, cab ride home to calling a girl ''Lady'', not just: hey, chick!
As well, he always : hold doors, open doors, ladies first, respect his elders (expl: yes sir/madam) and ofcourse knows how to treat a lady.... Buying clothes is just.....rude?! I'ld take that as an offence (but ofcourse depends who's the man, type of relationship).

Any questions? :biggrin:

Interesting that you cut your hair a little bit, regularly, I would've thought that would stop growth, even if it is only 1-2cm? :cool:

My ex gf's never minded if I treated them to some clothes on when we went shopping, but it wouldn't be the sort of thing I'd do early on at the start of a relationship, only later on when I knew them well enough to know what things they enjoy doing.

You speak good advice, paying for dinner, opening doors, giving the girl first choice of seat etc, this is all stuff that my mum taught me to do from a young age :smile:
Trust me guys, it is easy to do these things and it goes a long way :smile:
I wouldn't really call a girl chick or babe or anything like that...

Couple more questions :biggrin:
How do long-haired girls prefer guys to have their hair? Do they prefer short or long on guys?
Also, how can I tell how long a lady's hair is when they wear it tied up in a bun, or whatever? It kinda frustrates me, because most women with long hair wear it up when they go for a night out (possibly so that they don't get drinks spilled in it lol), and I just have no idea how long their updo would be if they'd worn it down :confused:
Reply 52
>Anna<
Haha, no problem.

I like normal length hair on guys :s-smilie: Like not really long (although I think longish hair can look nice on guys as long as it's kept nice) but not super short either.

But I'm sure it varies from girl to girl. And it depends what suits the guy too.

Another question:
How can I tell how long a girl's hair is when they wear it tied up in a bun or some other type of updo?
I have noticed that most girls with very long hair tend to tie it up when they go for nights out to bars/clubs and I don't have a clue how long their hair would be if it was worn down. I can tell that it is long, but can't tell if it is bra-strap length or bum length :confused:
long hair for the worth. short hair makes girls look ugly.
This thread is on the side on 'who quoted me' and I keep thinking it says I Like Long Hairy Girls :rofl: It cracks me up everytime.
You would have had a hoot back in Lady Godiva's day then I guess.
Reply 56
bananaslug77
I have hair down to my ass but tbh I don't want it to be my defining feature :p:

Jeez! How long does it take to grow it to that length? :biggrin:
wardle1337
Jeez! How long does it take to grow it to that length? :biggrin:

Well when I was about 12 I cut all my hair off to about 1 inch long (I looked like a boy, lol) and just grew it from there, getting the occasional trim once a year to keep it looking healthy. I'm 18 now xD
Reply 58
bananaslug77
Well when I was about 12 I cut all my hair off to about 1 inch long (I looked like a boy, lol) and just grew it from there, getting the occasional trim once a year to keep it looking healthy. I'm 18 now xD

That's pretty sweet :awesome:.

Whenever I try to grow my hair it just ends up looking horrific, so I just keep it nice and short now. :biggrin:
Daveopoulos
Another question:
How can I tell how long a girl's hair is when they wear it tied up in a bun or some other type of updo?
I have noticed that most girls with very long hair tend to tie it up when they go for nights out to bars/clubs and I don't have a clue how long their hair would be if it was worn down. I can tell that it is long, but can't tell if it is bra-strap length or bum length :confused:

Look at the amount there is there. If it's in a ponytail then if it's mid back length or longer, it's definitely long when it's down. As for a bun, look at how big it is. If it's a small thing then no way is it going to be long (unless it's really thin, but that's not all that likely).

So yeah, basically look for volume :smile:

Latest