Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Aptonia DUOPRO 35 - Protein bars

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ok so I was wondering if these protein bars from decathlon are actually any good? I bought a pack of 3 and they taste too nice to be not full of calories!!

Compared to any other type of snack bar I can find they are pretty good and compared to other types of protein bars they are pretty average.. can anyone shed some light on it please? BTW im trying to lose weight - im under 10% bf already - but am really struggling to eat 6 small meals a day and wondering if 2 of these a day instead of eating a sandwich or jacket potato was better?

Nutritional info below:
    Per 50g bar:
    185 kcal
    17.5g protein
    6g fat (3.5 sat fat)
    17.5g carbs
    of which 6g sugar
    4g fibre

This is obviously way better than them snack bars you buy from the supermarket - a lot less carbs/sugar in these bars.. and carb/protein ratio is the same..

but with them tasting so nice, I was wondering if anyone had any advice? lol
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Any good??? They're all I ever eat.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by acdunn)
    Any good??? They're all I ever eat.
    I'm going to be blunt... are you fat? lol they seem to taste too nice to be actually alright.. I mean apart from drained tuna with some peri peri sauce, or low fat cottage cheese, they seem alright, but compared to them 2 things ^ which is basically, along with eggs, what I live on, they seem pretty high in calories!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Lol nah I don't, I was kidding But my brother does, he's trying to beef up for his school rugby season... he has a superfast metabolism, so I don't know if that stops him from getting fat from them.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well they obviously have **** all calories because 185 is **** all and that's how many calories they have.

They probably cost a lot considering they have **** all calories (which is indicative of having **** all of anything in them). I wouldn't eat them.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    yeah they sound expensive...basically everything burningnun said.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Chocolate and Peanut Butter Fudge Bars - Cheap and much better than the vast majority of shop bought bars

4 scoops of chocolate whey protein (or unflavoured plus 4 teaspoons of cocoa)
    4 scoops of milled flax/linseed
    4 big spoonfuls of peanut butter
    1/4 cup of water

Mix together in a bowl, roll into 4 or so balls and put in the fridge.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ch0c0h01ic)
    Chocolate and Peanut Butter Fudge Bars - Cheap and much better than the vast majority of shop bought bars

1/4 cup of water

Cheers (y) ill have to try them!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:

1/4 cup of water

I'm on this, might have to add some oats though... And when you say scoops of flax are we talking the standard whey scoops or tablespoons? Cos that sounds like a lot of flax!
    And OP what are you on about? you sound like you haven't got a clue, what are you trying to achieve by eating these bars? weight gain? weight loss?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellingham)
    I'm on this, might have to add some oats though... And when you say scoops of flax are we talking the standard whey scoops or tablespoons? Cos that sounds like a lot of flax!
    Standard Whey Scoops = ~30g

I got 3kg of brown linseed (apparently it's much the same/the same as flax) for less than a fiver here - even with postage costs it's significantly cheaper than anywhere else.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Standard Whey Scoops = ~30g

I got 3kg of brown linseed (apparently it's much the same/the same as flax) for less than a fiver here - even with postage costs it's significantly cheaper than anywhere else.
    Nice one mate i'll be getting some of that

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 28, 2010
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered nutrition and supplements threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.