The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
michael_w
Anyone off to bham uni but living at home? No? Just me then :frown: lol

I'm sure you wont be hun! There's an assosiation at Brum called FOC-AS - Fresher's Off Campus: in other words, a society purely for those students living at home!

My best mate was part of it last year and loved every minute (and he was from walsall too... if that makes any consolation:P)

I'm from Brum too, and thought I'd be living at home, and I wasn't all that worried about it. I've got accommodation now, and I'm stressing, so maybe it's not all that great a thing!

We should have a get together for all Brum students from Birmingham!! Then you'd definitely get to know some of the other students living at home.

It's not as uncommon as you think, I promise!
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 2
lol thanks for the advice
It's not uncommon at all. Ive friends going to Birmingham, Aston, even as far away as Coventry who are all living at home in Sutton Coldfield.
Reply 4
michael_w
Anyone off to bham uni but living at home? No? Just me then :frown: lol

I'll be living at home! I live in Solihull.
Reply 5
Im staying at home to, I live in Kingstanding (yes the rough area) :P
Reply 6
i'll be commuting so ur not alone. car journey, 2 trains and a hike and i'll be there. only an hour so not that bad. anyone going to the focsoc gathering next sat? x
Reply 7
Im staying at home and I live in Wolverhampton, and I have no idea how I'm going to get there, oh well. ha ha.
Reply 8
d_j_p
Im staying at home to, I live in Kingstanding (yes the rough area) :P

OMG where in Kingstanding?? Do I know you??? I live by the circle!

If your mom's Ann and she used to work at Kingsland my mom used to work with her!!
Reply 9
Hey, me too! Was startin to think I ws the only one but there's at least 5 of us right... :p: How do you join foc soc? I talked to a girl in it last year and she said that info got sent out to students living in Bham but I think I'm too far out of the area to get it...?
treasured28
Hey, me too! Was startin to think I ws the only one but there's at least 5 of us right... :p: How do you join foc soc? I talked to a girl in it last year and she said that info got sent out to students living in Bham but I think I'm too far out of the area to get it...?

I got a pack thing, and the membership thing was supposed to be back by tomorrow. But I only got the bloody thing yesterday, since my mail is pretty crap, so I doubt it'll be there. Rahh. Still.

We should all meet up or something, I'm really worried that when I get there I'm gunna end up all on my own. hmm.
Reply 11
That's what I'm worried about lol.

So what course is everyone on? I'm doing Bsc Geography.
I'm doing Media and American Studies. Haaa, I'm a little lazy. Actually I'm really interested in it though... hmmmj
Reply 13
I've joined FOCSOC - going to the cafe quiz on monday lol
I'm doin joint honours - english & theology :biggrin: Have just emailed foc soc & they said to come along tomorrow at 12 w/out signing up... Although come to think of it, I don't know where it's being held at :confused: - anyone know?!
i'm doing Sociology. I havent had any info on foc soc either, so i probably wont be goin
Reply 16
Hey everyone. Who went to the focsoc meeting on sat? I did. Would love to put some names to faces. i'm going to the quiz on mon night. Byeeee
Well I made the quickest appearance ever on Sat... Don't think it really counted as being there though :p: Yeah I'm planning on going to that quiz too, hopefully - was it 6 in the guild... Oh I'm so bad at listening to time/date instructions, etc!!!
I was gunna go to the quiz but it clashed with pre-made plans.

Anyone going to the murder mystery? Or the pub crawl?

Ha ha.
Reply 19
Yeah the quiz is tonight, 6-11 at cafe connections which is in the guild somewhere. lol

I'll be catching the train there and back.

Should be fun!!

Latest

Trending

Trending