The Student Room Group

Part time work/Work experience on uni application??

Well, is it vital/important to have it on your application? i dont have any apart from year 10 work experience! I cant really get a job, as im a young carer, but im worried that im not going to look good as other students! Because come on someone with the same grades as me, there's me with no experience or work then theres someone who has...who they gonna choose!

But i feel the i should mention im a young carer, not for a sympathy check or anything like that cos i dont like telling people im a young carer, but cos i feel its helped me stronger with everyday skills, communication skills and working to deadlines with homework as i set myself times when things need to be done but also dedication as im really dedicated to do well.. But im worried my lack of work experience will let me down? What do you think ?

Thanks for reading:yes:
Reply 1
I wouldn't worry, most people don't do work experience and it's only really necessary for a particular few courses (eg Medicine, Dentistry and VetMed) and helpful but not a requirement for others (eg Law). They'll definitely understand if you're a young carer, and I think you should mention it, or get your referee to. Good luck! :smile:
Reply 2
I would ask your school/college who they think should mention that you are a young carer; either you or your referee. But definitely get it mentioned somewhere because its something that shows the maturity and consistency of having a job :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending