The Student Room Group

Advanced Higher Economics Course Notes.?

Hi, I'm just about to enter my 6th at high school in Scotland and I am thinking about which courses I want to take. I want to be accepted for a highly ranked university (St Andrews or Warwick maybe) and have come to understand that the top ranked English universities demand AAA at Advanced Higher, and unfortunately my school can only offer 2/3 of the Advanced Highers I want to study, and have left me to find a way in which I can self teach Advanced Higher Economics :s-smilie:

Personally, I believe I could easily pass the course as long as I have the necessary course notes/study materials etc, since I have been told that Adv Highers try to allow students to grow accustomed to the idea of self-teaching courses, rather than getting thrown in at the deep end when they begin studying at university, so the concept of having very little time to be taught by a teacher does not worry me at all.

I was just wondering if any students out in the TSR community had any recommendations on course notes I should utilise or websites/organisations I should contact in order to obtain the necessary course notes?

Reply 1
Here is a little site for little you Bill: http://www.bized.co.uk/learn/scotland/economics.htm
Reply 2
Cheers, have you used this website yourself? I'm going to be self teaching the course and was wondering how reliable the notes are ? I realise your from London but I would assume the notes should be very similar for both the Scottish and English course.
Reply 3
grange789
Cheers, have you used this website yourself? I'm going to be self teaching the course and was wondering how reliable the notes are ? I realise your from London but I would assume the notes should be very similar for both the Scottish and English course.

Oh, I'm not from London. I'm Scottish, go look on my academic stuff on my profile. :wink:

Wish you well with the course.

Spoiler

I'm only starting 6th year too, I hope the website is helpful for you. :biggrin:
Reply 4
ENNGUF
Oh, I'm not from London. I'm Scottish, go look on my academic stuff on my profile. :wink:

Wish you well with the course.

Spoiler

I'm only starting 6th year too, I hope the website is helpful for you. :biggrin:

Just looked at your profile. Are you SERIOUSLY doing 6 Advanced Highers this year? If so what school do you attend?
Reply 5
grange789
Just looked at your profile. Are you SERIOUSLY doing 6 Advanced Highers this year? If so what school do you attend?

I'm so proud of you Bill! Yay, you've got the hang of quoting! :woo:

And NO, I will not tell you what school I go to, stop trying to stalk me! :mad: I can see through this little plan of yours.
Reply 6
ENNGUF
I'm so proud of you Bill! Yay, you've got the hang of quoting! :woo:

And NO, I will not tell you what school I go to, stop trying to stalk me! :mad: I can see through this little plan of yours.

Haha :biggrin: ok but I really don't believe your studying for 6 Adv Highers this year. Cheers for the economics link anyway :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending