Reply 20
Yay i finally have mine!!

Aberystwyth
Belfast
Aberdeen
Lancaster
UEA.
Spread em' about a bit.

All of them are BBB uni's and predicted grades are AAB so hopefullyyyy.

Queens Belfast? Is that for Software Engineering or Computer Science?

Thinking of Queens myself next year for CS.

Dave
Reply 21
I am applying to study Computer Science. All are MEng apart from Cardiff and Cambridge which are BSc.

Predicted Grades:
A - Mathematics (I think I can do better!)
A- Further Mathematics (AS-Level)
A* - Physics
A* - Chemistry

I already have an A (100%) Geography AS-Level and a B (year early) History AS-Level.

Applied to:

Cambridge - Waiting
Warwick - Conditional Offer - AAA
Bristol - Waiting
Manchester - Waiting
Cardiff - Conditional Offer, Not yet stated what.

I am also applying to the US because of the bonus of Track and Field prospects :smile:. I am still deciding but I think I will be applying to Harvard and Stanford. Another bonus of US universities is that they all take into account the standard of your school. Lucky for me, mine is not the best :rolleyes:.
Reply 22
Original post by Clodey
I am applying to study Computer Science. All are MEng apart from Cardiff and Cambridge which are BSc.

Predicted Grades:
A* - Physics
A* - Chemistry

I already have an A (100%) Geography AS-Level and a B (year early) History AS-Level.

Applied to:

Cambridge - Waiting
Bristol - Waiting
Manchester - Waiting

I am also applying to the US because of the bonus of Track and Field prospects :smile:. I am still deciding but I think I will be applying to Harvard and Stanford. Another bonus of US universities is that they all take into account the standard of your school. Lucky for me, mine is not the best :rolleyes:.

track and field? are you a sprinter if so what your 100 and 200 times? i love sprinting
Reply 23
Original post by Clodey

Predicted Grades:
A* - Physics
A* - Chemistry

Applied to:

Cambridge - Waiting
Bristol - Waiting
Manchester - Waiting

you would still PAY alot of money either way their private unis :L
AS-Level
Physics - A
Maths - A
ICT - A

Predicted
Physics - A*
Maths - A
ICT - A
Further Maths AS - A

Applying to, in order of preference
St Andrews - G400
Southampton - G400
UCL - G400
Bath - G400
Dundee - G400 - Backup

Haven't sent my application yet, still working on a super good personal statement. But I keep hearing St Andrews is very late to reply.
(edited 13 years ago)
I've applied for maths with computer science at Oxford, Imperial, Bristol, Nottingham, and Exeter. Got AAB offers from Nottingham and Exeter, and I have an Imperial interview on the 10th of November :smile:
Reply 26
Original post by LtCommanderData
I've applied for maths with computer science at Oxford, Imperial, Bristol, Nottingham, and Exeter. Got AAB offers from Nottingham and Exeter, and I have an Imperial interview on the 10th of November :smile:
AAB offer from nottingham, i thought typical offer was BBB! they are my insurance :redface: did you apply for CS and maths?
Original post by ashton.alfred
AAB offer from nottingham, i thought typical offer was BBB! they are my insurance :redface: did you apply for CS and maths?

Yeah, this is maths & cs joint degree, I suppose the typical offers are different from plain cs
Reply 28
Original post by LtCommanderData
Yeah, this is maths & cs joint degree, I suppose the typical offers are different from plain cs

Thank god for that.

I'm applying for:

Nottingham

UEA

Sussex

Reading

Cardiff

Got BBB at AS so hopefully these will give me nice offers around the BBB region! :biggrin:
Reply 29
Original post by Hoffs
Thank god for that.

I'm applying for:

Nottingham

UEA

Sussex

Reading

Cardiff

Got BBB at AS so hopefully these will give me nice offers around the BBB region! :biggrin:

:O your applying for 3 of the same unis

Notthingham
UEA
Sussexs

:smile: have you been 2 any of them?
Reply 30
Original post by MylesXD
:O your applying for 3 of the same unis

Notthingham
UEA
Sussexs

:smile: have you been 2 any of them?

3 of the same?

I've visited Nottingham and Sussex.

Nottingham was very big and felt very studenty, and the computer science building was very modern with decent facilities. And being right next to a big city is a big plus

Sussex was much smaller yet felt very diverse and I really liked it, can't really explain why though :s-smilie: It just clicked with me, like Nottingham
Reply 31
Applying for Computer Science.

I currently have AABBB at higher. This year I'm doing Advanced Higher Physics, Higher Computing and Higher Modern Studies.

So far I think I'm going to apply to Edinburgh, Glasgow, Strathclyde and Heriot Watt (insurance). Don't know about my 5th choice though. I was thinking about St Andrews but a lot of the students there are either privately educated, or 60% are foreign and as I'm not, would I be wasting my time?

How highly regarded is Strathclyde for Computer Science also? I think Dundee and Aberdeen are also pretty good for Computer Science, can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks.
Reply 32
Original post by MylesXD
you would still PAY alot of money either way their private unis :L

That doesn't matter to me :tongue: Knowledge is priceless.

Original post by ashton.alfred
track and field? are you a sprinter if so what your 100 and 200 times? i love sprinting

I am a middle distance runner. I am don't have electronic times but in training i can hit low 24, high 23's. 100 I would guess about 11.9 something. 800m is my main event, 1'56 :smile:
Original post by jaggedspike
AS-Level
Physics - A
Maths - A
ICT - A

Predicted
Physics - A*
Maths - A
ICT - A
Further Maths AS - A

Applying to, in order of preference
St Andrews - G400
Southampton - G400
UCL - G400
Bath - G400
Dundee - G400 - Backup

Haven't sent my application yet, still working on a super good personal statement. But I keep hearing St Andrews is very late to reply.

Original post by Fallen
My application goes off in a couple of weeks to Imperial, Oxford, York, Warwick, Southampton.
I am applying for a 4 year MSci where possible and taking a year in industry where possible.
Good luck y'all :smile:

Original post by aki-o
Bath - computer science with Japanese and year in industry
York - computer science with artificial intelligence
Southampton - computer science with artificial intelligence
St Andrews - computer science
and either Durham or Newcastle - computer science

completed A levels ABBbc in maths, classics, polish, ict, RE
Predicted grades (for resits), A*AAA in maths, further maths, classics, polish.

Original post by JamesMcAulay
I'm applying for:

MEng in Artificial Intelligence at Imperial College
BA in Computer Science at Cambridge
MEng in Computer Science with Artificial Intelligence at Southampton
BSc in Artificial Intelligence at Edinburgh
BSc in Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence at Edinburgh

I'm sending my UCAS form off next week, aaah!

Have all of you heard back from Southampton yet? I mean, have you guys got an acknowledgement/interview day invite/offer etc?

Because I haven't heard anything from them at all (including a postcard acknowledging me) and I'm starting to get anxious! :s-smilie:
Reply 34
Original post by JamesMcAulay
I'm applying for:

MEng in Artificial Intelligence at Imperial College
BA in Computer Science at Cambridge
MEng in Computer Science with Artificial Intelligence at Southampton
BSc in Artificial Intelligence at Edinburgh
BSc in Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence at Edinburgh

I'm sending my UCAS form off next week, aaah!

How much artificial intelligence stuff did you put in your personal statement? Did you get any replies?

I mentioned it in passing in my first drafts, but then got it of it and can't put it back in (no characters/lines left for anything!), so I think I'll have to change it to just computer science, or maybe computer science with maths, and either do some modules in AI, or somehow leave it till masters/try to change it once at uni/leave it till later.
Reply 35
Offer from Liverpool for IT, 320. Happy happy happy :smile:
Reply 36
Applying to (by order of preference):

Cambridge (Peterhouse college) - I really hope I get that interview as I'm positive I can get a huge TSA score
Manchester
Aberystwyth - offer, 13/20 overall on the French Baccalaureate
Aberdeen
Newcastle

Everywhere it's CompSci with a year in industry (except Cambridge). I'm getting grades of about 15/20 in school right now but my school is extremely strict so I'm expecting 16/20, possibly even 17/20 on the Baccalaureate (got 17 and 19 in my first two modules, hope I can keep it up).
Reply 37
Original post by nikita_atikin
Have all of you heard back from Southampton yet? I mean, have you guys got an acknowledgement/interview day invite/offer etc?

Because I haven't heard anything from them at all (including a postcard acknowledging me) and I'm starting to get anxious! :s-smilie:

I got a postcard from them pretty promptly.
I wouldn't worry too much at this point, though. I was only acknowledged by some of my other choices a few days ago.

I would say give it 'til Monday, and then send a polite e-mail to whomever it concerns (it will be on the website somewhere).
Original post by Fallen
I got a postcard from them pretty promptly.
I wouldn't worry too much at this point, though. I was only acknowledged by some of my other choices a few days ago.

I would say give it 'til Monday, and then send a polite e-mail to whomever it concerns (it will be on the website somewhere).

You are an Oxbridge applicant though aren't you? Or a gap year one or something? I'm just a bit concerned tbh that other comp scientists have their postcard but not me :cry2:
Reply 39
I'm applying for the CS G400 course at (in no particular order):

Nottingham
Royal Holloway
Queen Mary
UCL

I'm going for ABB at A-Level. UCL is just in there on the off chance I both get and meet the offer, which is seeming less and less likely as I've been having to self-tutor A2 maths for a good couple of months now. Damn timetables.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending