The Student Room Group

Will it do any harm starting AS maths early?

Hi
I'm in year 9 starting year 10 next year. The top set in my year are doing GCSE maths early and Statistics in year 11 but I got full marks on our first mock exam which was a few weeks into the year so I did module 3 (AQA) earlier than the rest of the class and then did module 1 at the same time but did statistics as well to keep me interested and now my teacher is trying to figure out what to do with me in years 10 and 11 and she suggested starting A level maths early so I have done my AS by the time I go to college. But my mum says that she thinks I would just get bored in college if I did. Would I be able to do A2 maths by the end of the first year as well as A2 further maths over the 2 years? Do you know of any extra GCSEs there are in maths related things that I might be able to do? Sorry this is a bit long its a complicated situation.
Thanks
No harm in it really as long as it won't distract from your other GCSEs
rjdavis.sot
Hi
I'm in year 9 starting year 10 next year. The top set in my year are doing GCSE maths early and Statistics in year 11 but I got full marks on our first mock exam which was a few weeks into the year so I did module 3 (AQA) earlier than the rest of the class and then did module 1 at the same time but did statistics as well to keep me interested and now my teacher is trying to figure out what to do with me in years 10 and 11 and she suggested starting A level maths early so I have done my AS by the time I go to college. But my mum says that she thinks I would just get bored in college if I did. Would I be able to do A2 maths by the end of the first year as well as A2 further maths over the 2 years? Do you know of any extra GCSEs there are in maths related things that I might be able to do? Sorry this is a bit long its a complicated situation.
Thanks

The OCR Free standing maths Qualification is another excellent course to consider.
I agree with the other Mrm - FSMQ Additional Mathematics is the way to go.