The Student Room Group
Reply 1
:troll:
Reply 2
omg why are you worried....you dont sound thick....and some of us have to get AAA....you need to stop stressing...cause it aint going to do you any good....you have a second chance if worst comes to worst because of you gap year...

Depends when you go travelling reallly cause my mates are taking a gap year but they travel in March so they have time to resit...depends on what makes you happy and im sure you will be fine...what are your predicted??
Reply 3
JoMC
Hey,
Basically I'm so worried that I'm not going to do as well as i should in my A-levels...My uni offer is CCC, of which I already have an A in geography (so really i just need CC). I feel that i'll be letting myself down if i dont get an A in biology; but i really think i probably wont get it. So far i've got A's in the three exams, and I dont know what i got in the coursework (because i resubmitted my AS level one, and obviously the A2 cw was only due in a month or so ago anyway). I did the Unit 5 exam yesterday, which wasn't terrible, but it wasnt very good either...everyone came out feeling the same that it was a horrible exam; so i'm hoping grade boundaries will be down.
I'm taking a gap year before uni anyway...So i could retake an exam if i dont get the A!
I want good grades, but to be honest I feel really pressured, and don't want to let my parents down :frown: Is it really worth retaking in my gap year? I am starting to make plans, i.e. whether to go travelling...So if i decide i definitely wont retake even if i do get a B, i would like to book a trip pretty soon! Advice needed!?

Seriously, relax. There's not much more you can do now the exams are over and your coursework is submitted :p: Whatever happens on results day will decide what you do for the next academic year, so you can't plan much now :smile:

why don't you just try to find a way to distract yourself until then? :biggrin:
Reply 4
rbegum999
omg why are you worried....you dont sound thick....and some of us have to get AAA....you need to stop stressing...cause it aint going to do you any good....you have a second chance if worst comes to worst because of you gap year...

Depends when you go travelling reallly cause my mates are taking a gap year but they travel in March so they have time to resit...depends on what makes you happy and im sure you will be fine...what are your predicted??

Predicted AAA :o: Including the A I already have.
What uni are you going to and for what subject, if you dont mind me asking?
Of course you'll get in ! :smile:
Reply 6
Keep reminding yourself that you are going to where you want to be, any extra grade on top of that is just a bonus.

Your parents may pressure you but I bet they'll actually be dead chuffed with whatever you get, you are clearly a good student.

Try making a list of great things about enjoying your gap year and soon you will be feeling so positive the thought of giving it up to re-sit won't even be in your head.
Reply 7
:lolwut:
Reply 8
Try and relax. The weather's beautiful, you're (presumably) a healthy teenager with lots of free time! Go enjoy your summer!
Reply 9
Birmingham Uni (hopefully) to do Law (AAA)
Back up is Aston - Law and management (AAB/ABB)

JoMC
Predicted AAA :o: Including the A I already have.
What uni are you going to and for what subject, if you dont mind me asking?

Latest