The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

KvBhasgotabigwilly
Just depends where you go, could get lucky or they could be strict. I'd wave a guess by saying if your brothers look responsible then they might let you off but they certainly won't serve you anything particularly strong. Just try and maybe you'll get served :smile: if not you'll have to buy it and take it back to your hostel

edit: listen to people who have been recently because they got stricter about a year ago and tend to get even stricter during summer as well

Its true, they are getting stricter.

When I was there last year, one of the owners told me they check majority of youngsters now because the police or their equivalent of trading standards do checks and if they are caught out they can get in serious trouble.
Reply 21
RightSaidJames
You don't get ID'ed in Europe 90% of the time. Also, why not be honest and say what you're really doing?

how much more honest can I be? i thought people would understand coffee shops in amsterdam means smoke up.

this is a little bit of a bummer. ill try to figure out something though because I am going as a 17 year old and who knows if I will ever be in europe again. I have to make the best of it.
Reply 22
alevels
According to google coffee shops is amsterdam-ish for cannabis shops. :s-smilie:

Haaa! Is this serious confusion?
Because it's not a coffee shop! It's the dam so it's weed
Original post by Sarah932009
Because it's not a coffee shop! It's the dam so it's weed

Why are you reviving a thread that no one has posted on for 6 years?
Reply 25
Original post by xmarilynx
I did when I was 15 :dontknow: You shouldn't have any problems :smile:

Original post by miml
It depends on the place, some check, some don't.

Just get a fake ID card from somewhere.

What places
yo I really need some local spots for some weed fam please
Reply 27
Original post by davidcosma2

did you find any shops that didnt id you?
Reply 28
Original post by TTS 345
What places

did you find any that didnt id you?
Reply 29
Original post by davidcosma2

did you find any shops that didnt ask you for id?

Latest