The Student Room Group
Reply 1
May I ask which college you have applied to an access to medicine? And which university will accept it for entry to vet med? I am awaiting for an interview in College of Norwich and wishing to do vet med afterwards but I don't know which university will accept access to medicine.
Reply 2
Have applied to college of west anglia kings lynn. My back up option is Access to Science at Cambridge Regional College.

RVC and Bristol will accept Access to HE in Science or Medicine with all Bio & Chem units at Distinction and 40% of course must be by examination.

Nottingham will accept it for their gateway course but yet to hear if they'll accept it for the standard entry.

Edinburgh flat out refuse to take it but that's hardly a surprise because they are extremely critical and choosey which when there is 150 applicants to every 1 place you can understand I guess but not everyone applying is 18 years old straight out of sixth form.

Cambridge will most likely accept but it depends on the college campus you apply to am waiting to hear back from a couple of the colleges but I expect that their typical offer is likely to be 100% distinctions going on the fact their A Level offers are now at A*

Liverpool state on their website that they will consider Access courses but you need to contact them to find out which subjects they'll accept, am assuming it'll be Access to Science or Access to Medicine like RVC and Bristol but haven't had a reply yet.

Haven't heard from Glasgow and website doesn't state alternatives unless your foreign.

Going to follow up the emails to the uni's who've not responded by phone tomo so will update when I know more.
Reply 3
thanzz. but don't know will they accept access course from other colleges or just college of West Anglia. Coz i know some university only accept COWA for Medicine. Will it occur to Vet aswell....anyway thanz.. tell me about the Glasgow and Liverpool when you heard from them.
Reply 4
Good luck to you both for getting into VetMed :biggrin:

Have just finished my 3rd year exams and finally get into my clinical years now :yes:

It's hard work but well worth it!
Reply 5
thanks!!!

Liverpool have said whether they will accept depends entirely on the make-up of the course, I read the course description out for COWA access to Med and she said it sounded a very good one and possibly ok. She requested the college email them to get a form to fill in with exact course make-up to know for definite so have rang the college and hopefully they will do that for me.

Access isn't a guaranteed place like it is for some medical schools though and Liv said they want full distinctions.
Reply 6
Even for medicine place is not guarantee anymore. Have you got a place in COWA yet? CCN although said I am a sucessful applicant but still waiting for them to tell me the interview dates.....Have u done your BMAT yet?
Plus can I ask, access to medicine applying to VET Med need GCSE 5A*minimum requirement aswell? or is it 6/7A*?
Reply 7
All i've had back so far is that my application was received and they'll be in contact soon. And bloody hope not re the GCSE grades! I only got 1 A* and 1 A the rest were B's but then I was really sick starting just before GCSE's and only now starting to improve so hopefully that'll be took into consideration.
Reply 8
Even though they take consideration in COWA, don't know will the university will be asking for the 5 As requirement...+__+...anyway, hv u donw the BMAT and any vet clinic or kennels experience...is kinda hard to find it at the moment...i sent out mails but no reply for a month now.

Latest

Trending

Trending