The Student Room Group

Anyone Else Regret Their Course Decisions?

I have already completed two years of my Maths and Business degree at Warwick so I guess it is too late to complain now, but I seriously regret taking this course.

The first 2 years are primarily maths with just a few business modules but, even though I liked it at A-Level, I have come to loathe maths. It is extremely boring and I have absolutely no interest in it anymore.

My final year is 100% business studies and I am very much looking forward to it, but with my previous years exam results I have no realistic chance of getting a 1st. which was my expectation when I first started.

If i could turn back the clock I would have done a straight business course.

Does anyone else regret their decisions?
Reply 1
nope, but I haven't started yet...
Reply 2
Not as yet: we shall see, come next month.
Yes! I was doing a straight maths degree for my first year but I've changed course to chemistry for this year. Like pedigreechump (nice name btw :biggrin: ), I enjoyed maths at A level but at uni level I found it rubbish and so so boring. I was having doubts about doing maths even before I started, so I really regret not looking more at other courses before I applied to uni.
i dont regret my course decision but i regret the university which i choose,

through stupidity and a moment of thinking through my ass i chose to go to hull-university, several weeks later after i have put them down as my firm i find out that hull is a crappy area full of racists and chavs and a crappy university,
hull offered my me a place if i got grades ABB and the likes of huddersfield and shefield offerd me lower targets, in my stupidity i thought that the harder offer would probably be the better university, cause of the challenge
I met hull's offer and have no choice but to join their university tomorow since there were my firm choice, even though i have doubts about this place i am still excited to be going onto the bad ass university experience
eddizle
i dont regret my course decision but i regret the university which i choose,

through stupidity and a moment of thinking through my ass i chose to go to hull-university, several weeks later after i have put them down as my firm i find out that hull is a crappy area full of racists and chavs and a crappy university,
hull offered my me a place if i got grades ABB and the likes of huddersfield and shefield offerd me lower targets, in my stupidity i thought that the harder offer would probably be the better university, cause of the challenge
I met hull's offer and have no choice but to join their university tomorow since there were my firm choice, even though i have doubts about this place i am still excited to be going onto the bad ass university experience

I don't think of Hull as a bad university - I know two (very bright) people who go there and they seem to enjoy it; be optimistic!
Reply 6
I regret my choice of course and university, but I was being so indecisive that I just had to go for something in the end! I guess I'll just have to make the most of it. :smile:
Reply 7
What? Hull is a good university!
What course are you doing?

As for the racism issue, well, there are racists and bigots everywhere. not nice, but you'll see these problems anywhere, particularly in a town/city.
Reply 8
I don't regret my course choice but I do regret not putting enough thought into what to do after my degree. I just have the feeling now that I'm going to need to do extra training/education afterwards to be 'qualified' in something whereas I could have done a degree that led straight into employment or something :smile:
I've had a few fleeting thoughts that I could have chosen to go to a more prestigious university than Swansea. When I first went to Swansea's open day I totally fell in love with the place, and I thought that the grades they wanted (BBC) were just about manageable (I was going through a serious period of self doubt!). Then, when results came out I found out that I'd achieved AAA, then I thought that maybe I should have applied to a university further up the league tables. But, after a little more thinking, I realised that I probably wouldn't be happy at any other university, so now I have very few doubts :smile:
dogtanian
What? Hull is a good university!
What course are you doing?

As for the racism issue, well, there are racists and bigots everywhere. not nice, but you'll see these problems anywhere, particularly in a town/city.

i am doing that managemnt course and french, even though hull might be a sucky town i am looking forward to freshers weeks, which for me starts in less than 24hrs
Reply 11
I dont really regret my choice of course, its only because of some employers' opinions on journalism courses, im worried whether its gonna be worth it!
thats why im looking to swap to english lit when Im there or in the 2nd year :p:
Reply 12
i wish i was going to UEA but i think i would be out of my depth :e
Reply 13
yeah i regret choosing my uni as well, because when i applied on ucas i had no idea which uni's to pick so i just randomly picked some taht were near where i live (or far away enough so i could live away from home but come back often!), and whilst choosing the courses i just again randomly picked a selection and now im gona end up doing bisness psychology and management joint honours...which thinking about it...it doesnt really should realistic for a good job after the degree.
Reply 14
My only regret is not finding my course and uni sooner, but everything has worked out fine and the course and department seem absolutely brilliant :smile:
I regret taking my degree course in a way, I am getting sick of the subject now and im going to have to take either another degree or lots of training to get where I want to be, whereas my friends have taken the route where a degree gets you the job you want afterwards. Im not bothered though as its been a good learning experience.
Reply 16
I didn't like my Uni last year so I applied to transfer. :biggrin:
Icecradle
I didn't like my Uni last year so I applied to transfer. :biggrin:

why didnt you like your uni???

Latest

Trending

Trending