The Student Room Group

OCR F324 (Chains, rings and spectroscopy) 28/06/10

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
*subscribes*

I've nearly finished most of the organic section. I now need to tackle analysis (got to love the old chromatography):teeth:
Reply 21
I'm glad to see Woody in this thread, he's very clever =D
Reply 22
_Andrew_
I'm glad to see Woody in this thread, he's very clever =D

Hah - lies, but thanks for the kind words. I'm genuinely worried about these January exams, not at all ready. But fingers crossed. Are you doing the Chains, rings and spec past papers?
Anyone have the June 2009 Chains, Rings and Spectroscopy paper for the old specification ?
Reply 24
Woody.
Hah - lies, but thanks for the kind words. I'm genuinely worried about these January exams, not at all ready. But fingers crossed. Are you doing the Chains, rings and spec past papers?

Yeah, I don't feel very prepared either:o: Erm, yes I do plan to do all of the old spec papers, however not just yet. I need to learn everything first:eek: Have you done the specimen paper yet?
Reply 25
Liverpool F.C.™
Anyone have the June 2009 Chains, Rings and Spectroscopy paper for the old specification ?

I've only got it as a hard copy..There was some horrible calculation question in it:confused: I really need to revise moles calculations again...
_Andrew_
I've only got it as a hard copy..There was some horrible calculation question in it:confused: I really need to revise moles calculations again...

Need that one really badly, please do upload it if it's possible.
Reply 27
Liverpool F.C.™
Need that one really badly, please do upload it if it's possible.

I'll be able to upload once I go back to schooll in Jan, as it will be stored on one of them computers:smile:
_Andrew_
I'll be able to upload once I go back to schooll in Jan, as it will be stored on one of them computers:smile:

I'm dreading the NMR and organic synthesis:eek:, there's also a higher chance of this stuff creeping up in the paper as it's part of the new stuff introduced in the new spec.
Reply 29
_Andrew_
Yeah, I don't feel very prepared either:o: Erm, yes I do plan to do all of the old spec papers, however not just yet. I need to learn everything first:eek: Have you done the specimen paper yet?

Yeah I did the spec but that was really before I started revising and I didn't do too well. I'm just working through the Chains/Rings/Spec papers.

C'mon, organic synthesis is fun ^^ I just learnt all the reaction pathways and once it's in your mind it's not too bad.
Woody.
C'mon, organic synthesis is fun ^^ I just learnt all the reaction pathways and once it's in your mind it's not too bad.

Yeah true, I'm just being lazy atm.
Reply 31
Actually the specimen paper for this is not too bad, it's just the last question that's difficult.
Woody.
Some flashcards summarising the spec you guys might find helpful

http://www.flashcardexchange.com/flashcards/view/944334

oh hi woody didnt know you do ocr chemsitry!
Reply 33
Hows revision going guys?

I'm procrastinating from NMR right now :p:
Reply 34
ghazalkhan
oh hi woody didnt know you do ocr chemsitry!

Yo.

Revision's going okay, Andrew. Doing past papers mainly and I'll review the content of the actual book soon and do my second run through the spec.
Woody.
Yo.

Revision's going okay, Andrew. Doing past papers mainly and I'll review the content of the actual book soon and do my second run through the spec.

hey woody

Is going through the spec more useful than just reading the book. Also the long essay answers are a nightmare.
Reply 36
Spec = best friend.
skatealexia
Spec = best friend.

Ive never used the spec, which probably explains why I need to retake f322, where can I find it?
Reply 38
Here

Just click on "Specification."

It's quite useful for revision to make sure you have covered everything you need to know - especially when doing the old past papers which contain some irrelevant questions
I usually print out a copy of the spec and make notes on the spec itself.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending