The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

I'm reaaaaaaaaaally scared!

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! The 25th is so near and I've got that horrible feeling in my tummy of leaving home and living somewhere nobody will know me!!

I'm thinking lots and lots of alcohol is the answer though! :biggrin: :biggrin:

I LOVE partying soooooo much so u guys better get your outfits pressed and join me on the dancefloor! It's so scary thinking about how many new people I'll be meeting...I'm not the most confident person in the world but I'm seriously hoping to make some wicked friends.

OMG...what to wear...what to wearrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

*falls over*

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Don't worry about it. Everyone else feels the same.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Lol bless :hugs: Strange - and I was wondering about how/where to store my money that's in my room and transport and laundry... :rolleyes:

As for making friends, I think coffee solves the problem! :biggrin: Even on TSR we're all asking each other out to drinks already - it appears any type of drink is important :biggrin:

What to wear... now that's one thing I've never thought of. So much for the stereotypical image of girls fussing over clothes! :p: I didn't know you had "partying" clothes... what's considered as partying clothes? I'm just gonna wear what I have - I'm not gonna go shopping for clothes when I already got them lol! - save the hassle and save the expenses. Although I really need a pair of shoes for formals... I have a total of 1 pair of trainers and 1 pair of sandals and 1 pair of school black shoes that I've heard since yr11 or 12... hmmm. I have a total of 1 dress of my own and will probably nick my mum's other black dress. Decent coats for formals... right I got none. Have no handbag of any sort either, apart from 1 prom thingy and 1 fluffy bag...

It does seem like a rather limiting wardrobe :rolleyes: Why couldn't I be born to love shopping!? lol
Reply 3
LMAO! Amen to that! I don't even OWN a pair of sandals. I have... four or five trainers and about three pairs of boots. Lots of jeans, lots of joggers, lots of tank tops and very little else. Shopping sucks... particularly when you're broke and about to move into a new house.

As for partying... I'm not in a hall so I can only get to one party on fresher's week anyway, LOL! So I won't be seeing you around those.. but you'll have a blast! :biggrin:
Reply 4
Jianren
LMAO! Amen to that! I don't even OWN a pair of sandals. I have... four or five trainers and about three pairs of boots. Lots of jeans, lots of joggers, lots of tank tops and very little else. Shopping sucks... particularly when you're broke and about to move into a new house.

As for partying... I'm not in a hall so I can only get to one party on fresher's week anyway, LOL! So I won't be seeing you around those.. but you'll have a blast! :biggrin:

Lol well those sandals were my mum's but I nicked them about 2 years back. I don't own that many pair of jeans - only 2. Trousers I have... 4 pairs? All except one is black, mainly for school, really... Tops - I seem to have accumulated several decent tops despite the fact that I can't remember the last time I went shopping for clothes! (not including the recent trouser-hunting, which is when I got my 4th pair of trousers that wasn't black!)

I sorta thought all girls like shopping cus so many have asked if I was crazy when I said I hate shopping lol. I don't mind it so much now, but I still would never choose to go shopping unless I reeeeally needed it. I don't even go out to town unless I HAD to buy something.

Partying I don't mind - don't like the loud music much but I'm happy to hang with friends :smile:
Reply 5
irisng
Have no handbag of any sort either, apart from 1 prom thingy and 1 fluffy bag...

prom thingy? how on earth did you go for your own prom? :p:
Reply 6
irisng

Partying I don't mind - don't like the loud music much but I'm happy to hang with friends :smile:

WHAAT! how can you withstand the alluring charm of loud r&b+rock throbbing in your drumroll eardrum!?
Reply 7
Hehe, I am scared but it is the 'being dumb' thing that plagues me..
Reply 8
the 'being dumb' thing?
Reply 9
Yeah. Everyone around me being cleverer and me getting into Nottingham by some glitch in the system.
Reply 10
erm...u got like 5 As didnt you rai?
Reply 11
AAAAB, so? Grades are no reflection of intelligence :frown: or so I get told every other day!
Reply 12
hm to a certain extent, but i dnt think u would get that if you were dumb! or else most ppl would be gettin that
Reply 13
of course you're intelligent. as long as you dont spend all your time studying...I think thats not an intelligent thing cos you need to get out and have a life sometimes.... (well that's my excuse for getting AAABb)

and common sense.... hey, you got passed the crap nottingham interviewers... you must be good. (they were so crap..)
haha I feel the same thing as you Rai. I have been reading my economics books but I have a feeling that when I get there I'll be the one with the terrible maths skills and really lost with the content.
Reply 15
I'm excited about going out and meeting people, and partying and things. I'm not so worried about not making friends, i think everyone will, i'm more scared of leaving the ones i have. It's made a little bit easier because one of my friends is coming to Nottingham, so i'll have someone there who knows me if i get upset or need a hug. xx
Reply 16
I'm excited bout meeting people. I'm good at having lots of different friends, so I'm not looking for great friends/people just like me/people to be friends with for 5+ years etc at first. Cos everyone will change and develop together. I'm going to take the happy-go-lucky approach and just let peple know who I am and chat. I like talking.
Reply 17
yeah sometimes i feel like that. but ur right, i reckon everyone will make new friends for sure. the whole set up of the uni is made for making new friends!

iv got a couple of mates goin too, and altho its cool theyre going, i think by the time u get realy involved in the uni life, ull probably find that u wont hang around with them as much as u intended to, at least thats what i think.

i notice ur at hustu too! see you there mousey!
Reply 18
I know! I am pretty confindent that I would find friends as long as they don't think I am completely wacky. I think I would be ok when I actually start lectures and read things.

Nottingham interview was a well, anything but what I expect. Didnt even get asked the dreaded 'why do you want to do medicine' question. It was more about talking about things I know and like in/about medicine and my Nuffield Bursary. I was pretty sure I had mucked it up..
Reply 19
And I have no one going to Nottingham in my year. I know someone in second year doing Pharmacy and living near Dunkirk..

Latest

Trending

Trending