The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
alijimi
Yes unfortunately, and not only here in UK but in all western Europe. It's a part of the so-called freedom that women wanted to have in the 60's, and if a man is not ok with it he will be labelled as "control freak". There was a thread today about a girl who suggested an open relationship to her boyfriend. I wonder how a guy could accept such situation without reacting and breaking the relation off :mad:.

soo agreed. im glad im not the only "control freak". haha freedom isnt striping nude and exposing urself though-- i saw in th enews today about a group of people booking a themepark to do the world biggest nudist rollercoaster ride ..for what> ? to "raise " money for cancer

these girls are som1s mum...some1s sister...some1s daughter...if u cant acccept it for ur family why accept it for other peoples family??
Reply 101
Jadelyndsey
Why are you making jelousy sound like a highly desired trait? Jelousy is a horrid feeling, and not something people want themselves, or other people to feel.

Girls arent going to wear ugly random shawls over their skin, JUST to please their boyfriend are they. Girls will wear IN FASHION clothes. And you do realise, when you go out clubbing... its hot. Whats the point in wearing jumpers and things? Girls tend to wear as little as possible.

Please get a grip of your life.

ok then go wear as little as possible to please the men of the astreet and be a sexual commodity only .
Reply 102
mohamedaliali
Hey im a muslim although i see this argument pointless because in islam you are meant to get along with others and avoid arguments futhermore we are living in another country and we have to make peace with the people that live in the country and follow the law

What i am trying to say is that keep your views to yourself because you are making the decent muslim beings who try and get along with others and have respect for them look bad

erm excuse me? i dont know which version of islam you are following but i wass taught to state the wrong when i see it and even the prohpeht pbuh said il saket 3n il hag shaytaan akhras which means the one who is silent who doesnt speak the word of truth is like the silent shaytan..

and it is our duty to tell our message and our bveliefs otherwise how else would these people understand us and know how women in islam are elevated and treated like diamonds? they are fed only what they see on the bbc and cnn rubbish
aspiration
i dont need to learn anything when everything is in our quran.its the perfect book
i suggest you d your research first
http://www.miraclesofthequran.com/index.php

The Koran, as far as I am aware, does not contain a comprehensive study of infinitesimals, and I'm fairly confident I would have heard if it did. Infinitesimals are of tremendous use in computer graphics. Thus, to say that the Koran is perfect implies that human interface with computers is not part of a perfect world, and so you would better yourself by not using them. However, here you are, using a computer, graphical interface and all. Now, there are two possible explanations - either you are totally wrong (this, by the way, is the correct explanation), or you are a bad muslim. Which do you want to believe? :wink:
Reply 104
Bobifier
The Koran, as far as I am aware, does not contain a comprehensive study of infinitesimals, and I'm fairly confident I would have heard if it did. Infinitesimals are of tremendous use in computer graphics. Thus, to say that the Koran is perfect implies that human interface with computers is not part of a perfect world, and so you would better yourself by not using them. However, here you are, using a computer, graphical interface and all. Now, there are two possible explanations - either you are totally wrong (this, by the way, is the correct explanation), or you are a bad muslim. Which do you want to believe? :wink:

Qur'an is not a book of science but it has some scientific verses, it is a book of Guidance for humanity in every aspect of their lives....

http://www.theinimitablequran.com/
saalih
Qur'an is not a book of science but it has some scientific verses, it is a book of Guidance for humanity in every aspect of their lives....

http://www.theinimitablequran.com/

Then it's not perfect?
Reply 106
Bobifier

ur answer as smart as it may seeem makes no sense what brought coomputers into it?
Reply 107
We just have more of a liberal attitude and like you said a 'do what you want' attitude.
The attitude towards both women and men displayed in countries which follow an Islamic code is, in my opinion, a bit messed up. It treats women on one hand, as possessions, always having to be controlled by the men in their lives and having to cover up even when, in hot countries, it must be unbearably uncomfortable to do so. In the process of trying to put women on a pedestal, they have the opposite effect. And, the culture treats men as horny freaks who have no self control, or sense of decency enough to not run off after any girl showing a bit of flesh. So actually, this sort of culture does neither gender any favours.

In England, although of course you will always get some jealous and/or cheating people of either gender, on the whole we respect each gender enough to realise that women are morally and socially equal to men, and that men do actually have some self control and decency. To be honest OP, you sound incredibly naive. You do know that men who love their girlfriends actually trust them not to get off with other men? And that even if a girl did happen to try and cheat, the man she tried it on with would not automatically sleep with her?
aspiration
Because Im a girl
and which girl doesnt like it when her bf calls to ask about her
??

Obviosuly you seem inexperienced you and ur gf probably live in 2 different bubbles like most i saw in uk

This has probably been covered, but just to say this- I am a girl, I'm not inexperienced, however, I absolutely HATE it if my boyfriend rings all the time to see where I am. You see, I enjoy this thing called independence which means I am capable of getting on with my own life and therefore it's not necessary for anyone to check up on me all the time.
As for the point about high heels, I rarely wear them because I can't be bothered. I don't have any problem with skimpy clothes though- as long as you trust each other who cares?
Holly Hiskey
This has probably been covered, but just to say this- I am a girl, I'm not inexperienced, however, I absolutely HATE it if my boyfriend rings all the time to see where I am. You see, I enjoy this thing called independence which means I am capable of getting on with my own life and therefore it's not necessary for anyone to check up on me all the time.
As for the point about high heels, I rarely wear them because I can't be bothered. I don't have any problem with skimpy clothes though- as long as you trust each other who cares?

Exactly. I'd hate to be made to feel like I'm being let out on a leash, like I'm not being trusted to act appropriately without being checked up on every five minutes. Of course it's nice getting a text occasionally on a night out saying that he's thinking of me fondly :smile: but checking up all the time would just be insulting.

Latest

Trending

Trending