The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Paul92
Personally I'd suggest the vast majority are!

well, I am Hispanic and I am not particularly religious but then again I was born in the states so who knows, perhaps that influenced me.

However, my family in South America is Protestant Christian so I just thought it was funny that the presumption is that most Hispanics are Catholics.

:rolleyes:
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 21
this is kind of insane chat, I've never encountered sectarianism in St Andrews at all..
Reply 22
Sambo2
this is kind of insane chat, I've never encountered sectarianism in St Andrews at all..

lol. this is my fault but really my initial post was super innocent. i know for instance that there are private schools that are catholic and etc so I just wanted to know if St Andrews was kinda like that (although Ill admit since it's 1. a uni and 2. not private, i shoulda figured that out myself) but then it got into this whole other thing i never even thought or knew about. But it's cool to know these things because I like to be aware of everything. All i know is, I can appreciate religion for what it is but i dont tolerate racism and things of that sort and I imagine that St A being a uni/town has moved onward from such thinking. Of course people have a tendency to surprise me still. :woo:
Reply 23
Sambo2

Good, I was just looking for a Y/N answer as to whether there was an Orange Order, as I'm aware of the Uni's strong presbytarian links. (In the past)

Latest