The Student Room Group
I think you'll have to pay and enter as a private candidate. Give the centre (school/college) a call and ask them.
Reply 2
I self taught myself economics and have just finished it this year. Hopefully i have done well. I just asked my business studies teacher and they put me in for the exams and i didnt have to pay for the exam. I did have to pay for a retake i took this june. I attempted both a level exams in january but needed to retake one to hopefully get an A.
Reply 3
I had to pay for Business Studies. Just ring up your school/college and ask :smile:
chloeee!
I know I'm capable of teaching myself Economics i.e take the AS next january and the A2 in august if that's possible? But what am I supposed to tell my college? As in, do you think they'd just let me enter with the other candidates lol or do I have to pay or what?

You probably do have to pay. Check that the exam board you go with does not have a coursework component as you're not allowed to do those as a private candidate. Talk to the examinations officer person.
Ask either at exams office or with the department.

Though when I entered exams externally, I had to pay - at BOTH my schools. :lolwut: Brilliant...
chloeee!
I know I'm capable of teaching myself Economics i.e take the AS next january and the A2 in august if that's possible? But what am I supposed to tell my college? As in, do you think they'd just let me enter with the other candidates lol or do I have to pay or what?

Hey, I am doing self-study at the moment as a private candidate. Just contact the local british council at your place. And then, talk to the center which conducts the exams. You will then have to inform your school. I turned private just a week ago. Not a difficult process :smile:
chloeee!

Shouldn't be a problem. I started my Accounting at a very advanced level with no prior experience, sat the exam and passed with around three quarters of the marks after all the hard work I put in.

Provided you show willingess to succeed, they shouldn't deter you. In Scotland we have the state system mainly - so they don't charge for you taking the exam.

Latest