The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Lou Jing: Racism against blacks in China

A year ago, a half Black and half Chinese girl named Lou Jing appeared on a Chinese talent show (although she had very little talent......). Her unusual racial heritage sparked a race row in China. Whilst some were appreciative of her heritage, others were less than accepting. Comments such as “she should have never been born”(:eek: ) and that she should “get out of China” were repeatedly made.

Lou Jing was born in Shanghai, raised in Shanghai, speaks Chinese; she is like any other Chinese girl except that half of her genes come from her black father (who conveniently disappeared after impregnating her mother).
Do you think that the media made a mountain out of a molehill regarding this issue? After all, there are racist groups of people everywhere you go e.g. the BNP (who are apparently against interracial relationships). Or is it actually a bigger issue in China as they only tend to see their own kind around them? Had Lou Jing appeared on the X Factor or American Idol, very few members of the public would’ve done a double take. She’d just be seen as an average mixed race girl.

Do you think the issue with the Chinese lies with the fact that she is of black descent (and that her mother had a baby with a black man out of wedlock) or does it lie with the darkness of her skin? Had Lou Jing inherited the skin tone/features of Kimora Lee Simmons or Chanel Iman (Korean Black), would she be more accepted despite the fact that her father was still black? Does Lou Jing have a right to classify herself as Chinese even though she is half black?

Lou Jing appeared on the talent show in the hope that her father would find her :frown:

Spoiler

The best of the nastiest comments

Spoiler

Lou Jing & her mummy.
It's kind of old news, but I thought it was an interesting story :o:

Scroll to see replies

LaughingBro
At least they are having a taste of their own medicine. The black man disappeared after sex - typical.

LOOOOOL it's the truth, though.

But how are they having a taste of their own medicine? Apologies if I'm being a bit dim :o:
^ black people are bare racist, even to their own kinds. Her mum is an idiot!!!
Get Cape.Wear Cape.Fly.
A year ago, a half Black and half Chinese girl named Lou Jing appeared on a Chinese talent show (although she had very little talent......). Her unusual racial heritage sparked a race row in China. Whilst some were appreciative of her heritage, others were less than accepting. Comments such as “she should have never been born”(:eek: ) and that she should “get out of China” were repeatedly made.

Lou Jing was born in Shanghai, raised in Shanghai, speaks Chinese; she is like any other Chinese girl except that half of her genes come from her black father (who conveniently disappeared after impregnating her mother).
Do you think that the media made a mountain out of a molehill regarding this issue? After all, there are racist groups of people everywhere you go e.g. the BNP (who are apparently against interracial relationships). Or is it actually a bigger issue in China as they only tend to see their own kind around them? Had Lou Jing appeared on the X Factor or American Idol, very few members of the public would’ve done a double take. She’d just be seen as an average mixed race girl.

Do you think the issue with the Chinese lies with the fact that she is of black descent (and that her mother had a baby with a black man out of wedlock) or does it lie with the darkness of her skin? Had Lou Jing inherited the skin tone/features of Kimora Lee Simmons or Chanel Iman (Korean Black), would she be more accepted despite the fact that her father was still black? Does Lou Jing have a right to classify herself as Chinese even though she is half black?

Lou Jing appeared on the talent show in the hope that her father would find her :frown:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Lou Jing & her mummy.
It's kind of old news, but I thought it was an interesting story :o:

Get this crap off TSR, no one cares about this , and btw america isnt white country it is an red Indian country from the implication of the crap wrote in the paragraph
Because the Chinese people were LouJing their minds as a result

:getmecoat:
LaughingBro
^ black people are bare racist, even to their own kinds.

yes true , don't be an idoit though , generalising every black person is stupid
Reply 6
TheMiestero
Get this crap off TSR, no one cares about this , and btw america isnt white country it is an red Indian country from the implication of the crap wrote in the paragraph

Ethno-nationalism is so last century.
TheMiestero

Was America even mentioned? If you don't care, then don't post? :smile:
Oh China, you so crazy.
Reply 9
+ polarity -
Because the Chinese people were LouJing their minds as a result

:getmecoat:

Razor sharp.
Organ
Ethno-nationalism is so last century.

Stop being naive
Reply 11
TheMiestero
Stop being naive

Political and social trends aren't on your side :yy:
I know a girl who looks a lot like her except she's black and jewish. But yeah, those comments are horrible although to be fair if this had been in Britain in the 50s we'd be hearing the same things. That doesn't mean it's acceptable it's just China is a bit behind in the whole immigration/racial intergration thing. And she doesn't have particularly Chinese features.
Reminds me of this:

Papa-san, take her home.
cardine92
I know a girl who looks a lot like her except she's black and jewish. But yeah, those comments are horrible although to be fair if this had been in Britain in the 50s we'd be hearing the same things. That doesn't mean it's acceptable it's just China is a bit behind in the whole immigration/racial intergration thing. And she doesn't have particularly Chinese features.

I think she does have Chinese features. Except her skin and her full lips, her eyes are rather Chinese-like and so are her cheekbones. Imagine her skin as the colour of a Chinese person and it's easy to see her Chinese features. IMO.
Reply 15
Well, China is certainly on its way to becoming westernised.
Reply 16
Get Cape.Wear Cape.Fly.

3. Her mother is a shameless woman, pregnant by a black guy, and then abandoned, was it good when he was pleasing you? Still obsessed with him after several decades? Not feel ashamed, even go on TV to look, looking for what? Looking for lost big XX? Looking for climax never had again? Shameless! Why are Shanghai women always the target of criticism? It’s because of shameless bitch like her! Dragon TV please help this bastard find her family. Let the black father with a big XX hurry back, address this old woman’s needs! Black Dad, come back soon! Someone cannot forget your big XX. lol

say that in a chinese accent LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL I'M CRACKING UP
Reply 17
She is so pretty! I don't get why people get upset about things like this... and it's not like Shanghai is somewhere really rural and backward either.. well that's what I thought anyway..
Reply 18
GottaLovePhysics! :)
Oh China, you so crazy.

lol... oh dear
comments were on the internet- ie. a source where hatred is allowed to soar legally. Just go on stormfront and there are hundreds of comments of the same calibre.

From what i remember reading, she has become very popular in china amongst young people so we can't brand china a 'racist country'. Indeed the vast majority of the population are ethnically chinese and will hold discrimination, particualrly in rural areas, but in the cities it is, and is becoming more international. My uncle (who is indian) runs a business in hong kong, and he tells me how great everyone is. he had one run in with a group of youngsters who left him alone after he bought them a box of cigarettes.

so yes, even though this girl isnt congurent with the majority chinese populus, it is only racist dickheads who are most likely otaku basement dwellers that post such comments. It was not long ago that similar sentiments exiisted on a wide scale in this country either.

Latest

Trending

Trending