The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
the independant shops round by virgin megastores r the cheapest. Some shops in the bullring aint too bad like pilot n them lot.
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 2
there is aldi practically next door..
Reply 3
For cheap food the indoor markets next to the bullring are amazing. You can get a crate of veg at the end of the day for a fiver, cheap meat etc. In the bullring itself you've got the pre-requisite h&m, topshop etc for clothes. There are tons of interesting cheaper places :smile:.
where's the closest supermarkets?
Reply 5
sainsburys is at battery retail park by homebase, pc world etc in selly oak. aldi is on bristol road almost next door (literally) to jarratt hall, tesco express/esso pump station (both 24hr) is nextx door ish to gun barrels on bristol road, and there is a big tesco at five ways roundabout, opposite broadway plaza.

there are also numerous tesco metro and sainsburys local in the city centre...

and there is a chinese supermarket in digbeth, next to the national express coach station....

those are all i know of at the moment :wink:

tesco and sainsburys both deliver to self catered halls of residence. we used tesco home shopping a lot from tc's, lazy us :smile:
Reply 6
Primark For Clothes Wooo!
Xxx
Reply 7
Birmingham is the second city, there's about five McDonalds in walking distance of each other. All the major brands are represented (usually two or three times) and loads of bargain places like Matalan: T-Shirts for £3 :biggrin:
Reply 8
sfboy
Birmingham is the second city, there's about five McDonalds in walking distance of each other. All the major brands are represented (usually two or three times) and loads of bargain places like Matalan: T-Shirts for £3 :biggrin:

you got a long walk from the halls to the nearest mcDs though. it is at least half an hour from tennis courts :smile:

and i have counted no less than 12 greggs in and around the city centre area...

look out for the hidden tesco metro at the back of the mailbox on the canalside too :wink:. I feel so out of place in the mailbox, all the expensive high-fashion shops and the bbc, it feels like everyone is looking down at me :frown:

once you get past about house of fraser on corporation street in the city centre, things start to get a bit shabby. try to avoid the argos at that end of the centre if you can if you need to use argos as it is hidden behind a frankly unpleasant market, and use the one in the pallasades. much nicer.
Reply 9
I don't think Oasis market is that bad... great if you want a cheap Birthday card... if I remember... prices start a 20p. Also some crazy gadgets and some clothes stalls or a flashing phone case :wink:
sfboy
I don't think Oasis market is that bad... great if you want a cheap Birthday card... if I remember... prices start a 20p. Also some crazy gadgets and some clothes stalls or a flashing phone case :wink:

every time i have gone in, the guy who sells vacuum cleaner bags always gives me the evils for some reason :frown:

the asian guy who sells bins seems quite... intimidating... too...

*wuss*

Latest

Trending

Trending