The Student Room Group

Your views on extreme feminists?

First off, I'm not against feminists. I totally think Men and Women should have equal roles in society and feminists can help promote that.

But EXTREME feminists. Dear god, they talk as if men should be eradicated from the face of the earth, as if the Male gender is the scourge of humanity.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lXUd7VxuSA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeGKFEtMCNs

When you take feminism to extreme lengths then it just not right.

What do you think?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
They're either power-lesbians or haven't been ****** in so long that their vagina's have closed over.
Any extreme socio-political groups are not healthy and deserve all the criticism they get. What annoys me about extreme feminists is a) they assume to speak on behalf of all women and b) when people think 'feminist' they automatically think of these aggressive, man-hating types. That is NOT what true feminism is.
Reply 3
They have about as much credability and influence as the BNP (minimal).
Reply 4
I'm all for equality, but for me feminism is a direction that will lead us to a female oriented society, instead of the old male orientated one. At present, men have certain advantages in society but women have certain ones too :dontknow: It's not far off perfect the way it is.

Take Harriet Harman's plans to implement a system where one of the top two jobs in government have to be a woman. So you can have two women, a man and a woman, but not two men. She has good intentions for changing the fact that the top jobs in government are generally male dominated (though it could be argued that more men getting involved in politics is a cause, rather than a glass-ceiling), but that kind of system will only then alienate men. A better focus would be to simply encourage more women to become active in politics and then hopefully their presence will be felt at the top.

So yes in short, good intentions, but clumsily misdirected in its efforts which will then only make life unequal for other areas of society (ie. men), and using the excuse that women had it bad, now perhaps women deserve an elevated status in order to make up for it, which is completely unfair as nobody alive today is responsible for what happened.
they always come up with retarded things by looking into things to closely eg I read about this feminist who called the vagina monologues (I know tis crap but what she said was still retarded).........She called its name a form of "psychic genital mutilation" because it ignores the labia and clitoris and she said it should have been called "the vulva monologues"

another good example would be them complaining about the male:female ratio in toy story which is about a boys toy collection
:facepalm2: do they hate men so much?
Reply 7
Craig_D
I'm all for equality, but for me feminism is a direction that will lead us to a female oriented society, instead of the old male orientated one. At present, men have certain advantages in society but women have certain ones too :dontknow: It's not far off perfect the way it is.

Thank you sir for speaking intelligently.

Personally speaking, extreme feminists are the same as terrorists.

The only difference being, the extreme feminist probably has a butt plug permanently stuck in her anus.

This is because she becomes a lesbian after knowing a man has a "penis". Then proceeds to question God on why she didn't have one, because it makes her unequal.

God goes :facepalm:
I pretty much agree with everything that has been mentioned above. Any form of extremism, as history dictates, always has bad results. Cough *Nazis*, however as I interpret it Feminism stands for equality between the sexes.

Now I'm all for this as it is how things should be, nobody should receive preferential treatment due to their gender, but if you listen to everything an extremist feminist has to say, it becomes blatantly obvious that they seek superiority rather than equality.

Even now in the politically correct society we live in every action of a man is scrutinised, the amount of women who claim damages for sexual discrimination is unbelievable. I read about a case not so long ago in which a woman was award a 6 figure sum for being called a "floosy" in the workplace.

Yet on the other hand we witness every day companies that discriminate against men but not a word is uttered. Sheilas Wheel's, Diamond, and other female only car insurance companies. There are also numerous driving instructor schools that are only for women. Imagine if they were made solely for men, there would be absolute outrage.
Reply 9
Giggsy's Girl
Any extreme socio-political groups are not healthy and deserve all the criticism they get. What annoys me about extreme feminists is a) they assume to speak on behalf of all women and b) when people think 'feminist' they automatically think of these aggressive, man-hating types. That is NOT what true feminism is.

Meh, what is?

No true Scotsman lol.

But I know what you mean... they've made 'feminism' a dirty word.
Reply 10
I don't like them.
This thread is silly.
They need to get back in the kitchen.
Reply 12
Nelson Mandela and the ANC were considered to be an extreme man and an extreme organisation at one time.
Same as extremist anything - they need to calm the **** down.
annoying
Reply 15
Need a massive gang bang, while making me a sammich.
greatmonte
they always come up with retarded things by looking into things to closely eg I read about this feminist who called the vagina monologues (I know tis crap but what she said was still retarded).........She called its name a form of "psychic genital mutilation" because it ignores the labia and clitoris and she said it should have been called "the vulva monologues"

another good example would be them complaining about the male:female ratio in toy story which is about a boys toy collection

There's the problem apparently :P

Though I guess I can see their point sometimes, I imagine childhood stereotypes have some effect on kids somewhat.
Reply 17
Laura Ingraham is an incredibly hateful person. I think Gloria Feldt was trying to make some sort of legitimate point, but was being endlessly gabbed over.
Reply 18
Craig_D

Take Harriet Harman's plans to implement a system where one of the top two jobs in government have to be a woman. So you can have two women, a man and a woman, but not two men. She has good intentions for changing the fact that the top jobs in government are generally male dominated (though it could be argued that more men getting involved in politics is a cause, rather than a glass-ceiling), but that kind of system will only then alienate men. A better focus would be to simply encourage more women to become active in politics and then hopefully their presence will be felt at the top.

So yes in short, good intentions, but clumsily misdirected in its efforts which will then only make life unequal for other areas of society (ie. men), and using the excuse that women had it bad, now perhaps women deserve an elevated status in order to make up for it, which is completely unfair as nobody alive today is responsible for what happened.

Yeah, what this guy said.

IMO, it should be about equal oppurtunity and then giving the job to whoever is more qualified and capable.

Feminazis on about women ruling everything = :facepalm2:
Reply 19
Craig_D

Yes, but to you think there's something to think about here - the idea of a system which could alienate men is indefensible, but the fact that the current system DOES alienate women is just sort of accepted? or tackled in the sort of passive way that you suggest?

It's just odd to me how threatened people can seem to get over ideas like Harman's because they see them as possibly disabling for men, and the suggestion of a system which could be disabling to men is worse than the actual reality of how the system discourages and alienates women.

Latest

Trending

Trending