The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
C1/c3, C2, C4.
Reply 61
Misskatie7
I was just wondering what people thought about a-level maths in terms of the hardness of each core.

i'm studying core 3 right now, and so far core 2 was the hardest, but i'm only on chapter 1 in core 3, so is it going to get harder, and what about core 4?

I was just bored.com LOL

so yeah, express ur opinion :biggrin:

im studying c3 now aswell. i personally thought c2 was easier than c1. dont know why tho:rolleyes:
Reply 62
Easiest -> Hardest
C1, C2, C4, C3
Zuzia Bulu
That question is really interesting, it's simple but also not simple. Where is it from? Do you have any other questions like this one?

Hmmm...

Well, I put the question in my sig a long time ago, so don't remember exactly where it came from. It could well have been from an AEA past paper...

Anyway, regardless of where it came from, you'll definitely be able to find similar questions in AEAs. Let me know if you manage any particularly fiendish one!
porkstein
Hmmm...

Well, I put the question in my sig a long time ago, so don't remember exactly where it came from. It could well have been from an AEA past paper...

Anyway, regardless of where it came from, you'll definitely be able to find similar questions in AEAs. Let me know if you manage any particularly fiendish one!

I did AEA today (oops, I nearly started to talk about it). All questions from past papers that I did weren't very interesting
they were all easy. just study hard.
Reply 66
Hardest - Easiest: C4, C2, C3, C1
Well, in terms of what I got first time around:

Easiest to hardest - C1, C3, C2 (D,E,U)

After resits (easiest to hardest): C1, C3, C2, C4

Hate trig and coordinate geometry and especially integration and differential equations. Have a B in C1 and now hoping for B's/C's in C2, C3, C4 with an A/B in S1 (decided not to retake the U I got in M1).
so far im finding c4 the hardest because of the length of the questions and how long it is taking to work things out and how easy it is to make a mistake
starting c1 for the first time was still daunting though
Reply 69
Hardest ------------> Easiest
C1 - C3 - C2 - C4 1st time results [d b c a]

resit reults

Hardest ------------> Easiest
C2 C3 C1 [a a a]

I found step from gcse to alevel big when i started flopped my 1st c1 exam xD, but after resits i was like wtf c1 was piece of piss XD
i found c3 the hardest along with to an extent c1 to begin, but mainly because i have an absolute hatred of graphs
Depends what exam board you're on really. But I did AQA and C3 was definately the hardest, shortly followed by C4 (damn you vectors!)
Reply 72
For me it went like this:

Easiest to hardest: C1, C2/C4, C3.

Although I was lucky enough to do OCR MEI maths so we had coursework on C3 which was an absolute doddle, I got full marks after about a week of work. Shame I found the paper itself hardest out of all the cores.
Easiest to Hardest :- C1, C2, C3, C4
Reply 74
jasbirsingh
Easiest to Hardest :- C1, C2, C3, C4

Ok..So you got :
C1 : 97
-------------
C2-3-4 you should get higher then previous modules.:yep:

Predictions
C2:98
C3:99
C4:100