The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Phobias was easy

Addiction was alright (apart from the theory of reasoned action question)

Rm was better then I thought - but i still struggled. Which statistical test did everyone pick?
******* ******** ******* ******** **** goodbye queen mary offer :frown:
MissFanatical
******* ******** ******* ******** **** goodbye queen mary offer :frown:

I have started waving goodbye a week ago...and I really wanted to start uni this year
Reply 4
I thought the questions were pretty fair - I liked the Schizophrenia question because there was lots to talk about. Anomalistic wasn't as nice, but I liked that it was broken down and explored quite a few topics - my last answer was weak and basically me making up rubbish, but that's exactly what all the anomalistic psychologists seem to do anyway...

I'm surprised there was no 'design an investigation' question (but still pleased that it was all shorter questions) that I felt were pretty approachable. My scattergraph is a bit odd, but oh well :p:

Probably one of my best exams this season (after a goddamn awful English exam and PSYA3), but really I just don't know, could have done a lot worse than I felt I did. I need the A in this exam so badly :\
Reply 5
Was alright I did Phobias/anomalistic, I was kinda shocked at the graph question I was like WTF where does it say you need a pen and rule. Last few questions seemed kinda easy and straightforward
I messed up the scattergraph :frown:
That scattergraph question threw all of us! lol.
All of a sudden it became a guage as to where people were in the paper as hands would fly up begging for rulers and pencils!
I didn't know how to come at it haha. Mine ended up with obsever A on one side,B ont eh other and the intervals ay the x axis lol. I don't know if i've ever seen one like that,but it was all ic ould manage! Sooooooooo was NOT expecting it to come up!

The schizophrenia question was quite good i think.
The media was all parted questions which was annoying as the two last ones of that question seemed to be after the same response,just one more in depth than the otehr! lol. I don';t thnik my AO2 was good enough for media section. It didn't really ask for it for the persuasion/attitude change question so i was confused as to whether i need to put it lol.

Oh well! It's done now :smile:
:woo:

I edited because i missed out the 'k' of 'know' lol. Yes there are plenty of other mistakes but i'm not too concerned about those lol
Reply 8
For the scattergraph, I did it exactly how I usually would have done, but used both crosses and circles on it, one icon for each observer. Oh, and I put my scatters in the middle of each interval. Is that how other people did it?
Jamstar
For the scattergraph, I did it exactly how I usually would have done, but used both crosses and circles on it, one icon for each observer. Oh, and I put my scatters in the middle of each interval. Is that how other people did it?

SNAP!

i hope we're right :P

I used dots and xs LOL
FestiveReece
SNAP!

i hope we're right :P

I used dots and xs LOL

i used normal x's and then bold x's. is that okay?
ibelongtoslytherin
i used normal x's and then bold x's. is that okay?

I imagine so lol
It took me a good 10 minutes to work out how to even tackle that question so i'm not the best person to ask lol :/

I best get all 4 of those marks! lol
Reply 12
FestiveReece
That scattergraph question threw all of us! lol.
All of a sudden it became a guage as to where people were in the paper as hands would fly up begging for rulers and pencils!
I didn't know how to come at it haha. Mine ended up with obsever A on one side,B ont eh other and the intervals ay the x axis lol. I don't know if i've ever seen one like that,but it was all ic ould manage! Sooooooooo was NOT expecting it to come up!

we didnt even get one! i put my hand up and the invigilator just told me to do what i could!
asha_92
we didnt even get one! i put my hand up and the invigilator just told me to do what i could!

neither did we, we just had to do it with a pen
I ****** that exam up.

The schizophrenia question threw me, I hadn't revised it, but I managed to write about things I thought were relevant for four pages, including reliability/ validity/ empiricism/ culture bias/ gender bias etc.

Addictions was awful. I messed the 10 mark question up, the A02 was probably terrible. The theory of reasoned action question and the question about 'Sally' was good though.

Research methods... :'(. Peer reviews was alright, I wrote chi-square for the statistical test but I reckon it was wrong. The scattergraph I thought i'd done right till I came on here (I didn't assume we had to put crosses/ circles on it so just used one researcher as an example with crosses). Inter rater reliablity was okay, the rest... :frown:.

Goodbye university.
Oh god! LOL
It didn't say on the front of the paper that we'd need a ruler! :angry:

I hogged that ruler so bad LMAO. There was no way in hell i was giving it up until i was certain i did it as best i could :P
I was was definately the most hated in that exam amongst those of us who just had our newly bought black biros :smile:
Reply 16
what were the questions for media, psycho and research? i had a severe migraine attack this morning and had to miss my last exam :frown:
Reply 17
ibelongtoslytherin
neither did we, we just had to do it with a pen

haha i used the question paper like a ruler and used my pen
Melting Sugar.
that's what I did - and I put spearman's and justified it using the usual stuff for spearman's but in all honest it was a guess.

my friend said it said don't use pencil and do a sketch so i'm sure our non ruler'd pen graphs will be fine.. hopefully :o:

The exam was okay, a lot better than history and english. I should hope i've got 60UMS in it, but I don't think i'll have got enough for an A* unfortunately.

I did Spearmans ro too :smile:
Reply 19
My scattergram was nothing like all of yours above... it's a correlation so wouldn't you have to put one observer on one axis and the other observer on the other axis.
What everyone is describing sounds more like a line graph without the lines than a scattergraph.

Latest

Trending

Trending