The Student Room Group

Pharmacy?

Heyy I really need some help, I know what I'm about to ask may be very stupid but nevermind...I’ve been doing some research as I want to do pharmacy at uni so basically I don’t know what course/ degree I need to take in order to become a pharmacist, I mean what’s the difference between PharmSci, Mpharm, Herb Med, Pharm Chem???:s-smilie:
which one do I have to study to become a pharmacist in the end? What is the difference between pharmacy and pharmaceutical science? im really really really confused :confused: so I’d appreciate any help, thank you:smile: :smile:
Pharmacy is more on how to become a pharmacist, dispensing etc.
Pharmaceutical chemistry (which i do) is chemistry and drug based so can go into research etc, its more open so you can go into many things.

What uni do you want to go to?
2010 or 2011?
Reply 2
clairefaulkes
Pharmacy is more on how to become a pharmacist, dispensing etc.
Pharmaceutical chemistry (which i do) is chemistry and drug based so can go into research etc, its more open so you can go into many things.

What uni do you want to go to?
2010 or 2011?

dont really know, it depends on my grades and its 2011 :biggrin: :yep: what uni are you studying at?
to become a pharmacist...you need to do the 4 year MPharm degree...just go to the pharmacy wiki on here and it will show you all the unis and their requirements
I am at MMU but transferring to Manchester Uni.
You can also do a college course to become a pharmacist which only takes two years
Reply 5
clairefaulkes
I am at MMU but transferring to Manchester Uni.
You can also do a college course to become a pharmacist which only takes two years

You have to do a 4 year Mpharm course to become a pharmacist.
I thought you could also do it through a college course as when i worked in a pharmacist many people were there due to being on a college course
Reply 7
Not as a pharmacist. You can become a dispensing assistant by doing an NVQ, but to become a pharmacist you need to do the Mpharm degree.
clairefaulkes
I thought you could also do it through a college course as when i worked in a pharmacist many people were there due to being on a college course

They were pharmacy technicians, not pharmacists
Reply 9
clairefaulkes

Wow you just made pharmacists sound like retards, you can't do it through a college course you have to do a 4 year Master of Pharmacy degree.

shuty

You have to do a 4 year MPharm degree which will then allow you to do a 1 year pre registration placement in either a hospital, community pharmacy or you can sometimes get an industry one though you still have to do hospital work I think. It is a decision I would not take lightly, do you really really want to be a pharmacist? If not you will find large amounts of the degree tedious and annoying. Grade requirements range from AAB (Bath) to BBB (unis like DeMontford) .
Reply 10
To become a pharmacist you need to complete the MPham degree, followed by a pre-reg year which leads to registration with the RPSGB, et voilà, one qualified pharmacist. :awesome:
Reply 11
I Love U Guys, Thank You Soooooooooo Much.....

Latest

Trending

Trending