The Student Room Group

Medway School Of Pharmacy...Anyone else??

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
partypopper2010
I think u get the CRB packs after results when they hve confirmed that u are defenitely coming kent in september.

Yeah but my offere is unconditional...So they know for sure im going there..
So does that mean they should be sending my CRB check??
Reply 41
Da_hopeful_1
I still haven't handed in my tuition fees questionnaire, will they accept it now ?

You should call them up..Im sure they'll still accept it...
When you call ask for debbie dixon. Shes's the admissions tutor..She'll tell you what to do
Reply 42
KPKPKP

i remember i got my CRB forms late august...make sure you send them off asap as they take about 8 weeks
Reply 43
Da_hopeful_1
oo cheers (:

Are you going medway next year as well, if so what is your offer ?

Lol nah im already there!! Starting 2nd yr of foundation this yr!! Are u doin mpharm or foundation?
KPKPKP

ooooh unconditional!!!!!!
Lucky.
Yh I'm assuming that u should b recieving yours quite soon then.
KRU90
Lol nah im already there!! Starting 2nd yr of foundation this yr!! Are u doin mpharm or foundation?

oo wicked, yep im hoping to do foundation this year. I'm assuming you got CCC at alevels then. Just out of interest, are they really strict with entry requirements for foundation.

Also,

What is foundation pharmacy like ?

Do you get guaranteed entry into the mpharm course if u get over 40%

Did you have accomodation for the first year, if so where do you live for the 2nd year ?

Also, what are the people like on your course,and how many people are there ?

What's the student life like for foundation at medway as well ?

Sorry for all these questions btw :colondollar:
Reply 46
Has anyone driven from barking/E. London area to medway?

Im worrying about results more and more :-s

What are the grade requirements for Medway? Are they same as Kingston or higher?
Reply 47
partypopper2010
ooooh unconditional!!!!!!
Lucky.
Yh I'm assuming that u should b recieving yours quite soon then.

Yep..Hopefully it should come soon..I want to get it over and done with ASAP:p:
Reply 48
ive gt an unconditional place for the foundation pharmacy course too and still havent recieved anything through the post....
but i went down to visit the university the other day and it is lovely!
the accomadtion looks really good too and we will be the second lot of students living in them!
Reply 49
Da_hopeful_1
oo wicked, yep im hoping to do foundation this year. I'm assuming you got CCC at alevels then. Just out of interest, are they really strict with entry requirements for foundation.

Also,

Did you have accomodation for the first year, if so where do you live for the 2nd year ?

i'm doing mpharm but i can tell you about the foundation course..it's pretty much mpharm first year split over the two years, but with a few added modules and community pharmacy placements.
the first year is pretty straight forward..and yeah over two years if you get an average of 40% you'll get onto mpharm, but in the first year you do need a minimum of 50% in pharmacy practice to pass.

i'm in my third year now..lived in halls first two years, moving into a house this year. you can live in halls again if you want to..or find a house. there's about 40ish people on foundation i think but you'll also be having lectures with mpharm 1st years..so in them lectures there'll be about 160+ of you.

night life in medway ain't too great..but people organise coaches and stuff to maidstone, canterbury, london etc. and london ain't too far anyway
Reply 50
SamaiyaQ
ive gt an unconditional place for the foundation pharmacy course too and still havent recieved anything through the post....
but i went down to visit the university the other day and it is lovely!
the accomadtion looks really good too and we will be the second lot of students living in them!

you'll get something soon..you going to be staying at liberty quays? if you are be warned..the manager is the worst person ever. sorry to scare you lol
Reply 51
Da_hopeful_1

Also,

Lol questions is kl ermm foundation is a gd course if ur a party person coz. Its more relaxed in terms of lectures as u cover same as mpharm first yr except its spread of 2yrs so ur timetables mon/tues full day 9-5 n weds 9-12 then u have ur 28days placement which is fridays first yr n thurs 2nd yr!! Which is also gd as u get better pharmacy practise than the mpharm do!!
Also you'd be surprised that from my personal experience they arent very strict on grades as surprisingly i got in with CDE but i think putting medway as firstchoice playd part in this as they prefer those students!! N i knew id be getting those grades from previous work too..
Also ur mpharm is guaranteed with 40% but i think theyll be changing this to 50% soon not sure though!! But thats another gd thing about this course as ur guranteed the transfer whereas other foundation courses or even pharmaceutical course dnt guarantee this so yh its good!!
Ermm accomodation is good as first year is usually guaranteed and 2nd yr either get a house shared rent or if u apply early the same halls let u hve a studio room for 2nd yr which is what im doing!!
Id say there was about 40 odd people in the class!! N that wasbt a problem either as labs were big enough for group work or whatever and aldo the lecture room fits all of mpharm plus all of foundation when we joint lectures!!
Student life depends on whether ur a party person on a studier lol.. For clubbers theres not much other than gettig a taxi up to liquid or amadeus but theres not much so a few of us prefer taking train up to london!! But f u prefer reading n studying the town is dead!! And very quiet duing day and night!! So good place to work if u like that!! Also highstreets nearby walking distance or u have dominoes subway n tesco below halls too!! Lol i think thats all tge questions done!! Let me know if theres any more!! :smile:
zubz_86
i'm doing mpharm but i can tell you about the foundation course..it's pretty much mpharm first year split over the two years, but with a few added modules and community pharmacy placements.
the first year is pretty straight forward..and yeah over two years if you get an average of 40% you'll get onto mpharm, but in the first year you do need a minimum of 50% in pharmacy practice to pass.

i'm in my third year now..lived in halls first two years, moving into a house this year. you can live in halls again if you want to..or find a house. there's about 40ish people on foundation i think but you'll also be having lectures with mpharm 1st years..so in them lectures there'll be about 160+ of you.

night life in medway ain't too great..but people organise coaches and stuff to maidstone, canterbury, london etc. and london ain't too far anyway

so does passing foundation definitely guarantee a place on the mpharm course then. How hard would you say the pharmacy practice is, im assuming that's where you go into an actual pharmacy and do sorta like work experience. So did you get onto mpharm through the foundation course, if so what were your grades. Also in terms of studying, how many hrs would be acceptable say every week.
Furthermore Is it still possible for people to acheive a first even though they've come through the foundation course.

Lastly as i'm doing foundation, will i be allowed to live in halls for both the years that i'm doing the foundation course, and how likely is this of happening. Do most people get a group of mates and then each chip in and live in a flat for the rest of their degree ?
Reply 53
Da_hopeful_1
so does passing foundation definitely guarantee a place on the mpharm course then. How hard would you say the pharmacy practice is, im assuming that's where you go into an actual pharmacy and do sorta like work experience. So did you get onto mpharm through the foundation course, if so what were your grades. Also in terms of studying, how many hrs would be acceptable say every week.
Furthermore Is it still possible for people to acheive a first even though they've come through the foundation course.

Lastly as i'm doing foundation, will i be allowed to live in halls for both the years that i'm doing the foundation course, and how likely is this of happening. Do most people get a group of mates and then each chip in and live in a flat for the rest of their degree ?

yes passing foundation guarantees you a place onto mpharm second year, but be warned it's a big jump going from foundation to mpharm second year, mpharm second year is really tough.

pharmacy practice..involves dispensing labs, workshops and lectures on ethics and pharmacy law and community placements. i got straight onto mpharm...i'd say for first year foundation you won't need to spend that much time working but that's upto you.

it's really hard to get a 1st but yes any one can do it, if you put the hard work in. you can stay in halls next year..but not liberty quays, it'll have to be greenwich halls and as a lot of people apply it's first come first served.
Reply 54
KRU90
Lol questions is kl ermm foundation is a gd course if ur a party person coz. Its more relaxed in terms of lectures as u cover same as mpharm first yr except its spread of 2yrs so ur timetables mon/tues full day 9-5 n weds 9-12 then u have ur 28days placement which is fridays first yr n thurs 2nd yr!! Which is also gd as u get better pharmacy practise than the mpharm do!!
Also you'd be surprised that from my personal experience they arent very strict on grades as surprisingly i got in with CDE but i think putting medway as firstchoice playd part in this as they prefer those students!! N i knew id be getting those grades from previous work too..
Also ur mpharm is guaranteed with 40% but i think theyll be changing this to 50% soon not sure though!! But thats another gd thing about this course as ur guranteed the transfer whereas other foundation courses or even pharmaceutical course dnt guarantee this so yh its good!!
Ermm accomodation is good as first year is usually guaranteed and 2nd yr either get a house shared rent or if u apply early the same halls let u hve a studio room for 2nd yr which is what im doing!!
Id say there was about 40 odd people in the class!! N that wasbt a problem either as labs were big enough for group work or whatever and aldo the lecture room fits all of mpharm plus all of foundation when we joint lectures!!
Student life depends on whether ur a party person on a studier lol.. For clubbers theres not much other than gettig a taxi up to liquid or amadeus but theres not much so a few of us prefer taking train up to london!! But f u prefer reading n studying the town is dead!! And very quiet duing day and night!! So good place to work if u like that!! Also highstreets nearby walking distance or u have dominoes subway n tesco below halls too!! Lol i think thats all tge questions done!! Let me know if theres any more!! :smile:

heyy you at medway lol...what year you in?
Reply 55
zubz_86
heyy you at medway lol...what year you in?

Going into 2nd yr foundation now lol.. Do i know u?? Ur first yr mpharm right?
Reply 56
KRU90

lol..how you finding it? i'm going into 3rd year mpharm..did u live at liberty last year?
KRU90

Heyy Kru90. What happened on results day to your ucas track when you found out you didnt get the grades, but they still offered you a place. How did the process work ?

P.s. what are you doing about halls for 2nd year foundation
Reply 58
zubz_86
lol..how you finding it? i'm going into 3rd year mpharm..did u live at liberty last year?

Heyy yhh its ok u know!! So far so gd!! Yhh was at liberty and im at liberty again this yr!! Got studio both yrs!! Was next to Pranals flat if u know him!! So u knw tisha yh? Im her cuz!! :smile:
Reply 59
Da_hopeful_1
Heyy Kru90. What happened on results day to your ucas track when you found out you didnt get the grades, but they still offered you a place. How did the process work ?

P.s. what are you doing about halls for 2nd year foundation

Basically on result day when i didnt get grades b4 i even saw the paper i logged on ucas b4 leaving home n the mpharm offer didnt show up at all bt it had changed to pharm practise n was waiting on reply so u jst had to call them n put on ucas that ur acceptting their alternative offer if thats what u want to do!! Bt be quik about it coz its gonna be first come first serve til their places are full!! Good luck!! And im getting halls in liberty again!! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending